Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Backup of keystore (DCPP)

Backup of keystore (DCPP)

Anarko

Now I have everything working great with encrypting my external
harddisks with DriveCrypt Plus Pack, but of course I'm as anxious as
anyone about something going wrong and losing my precious data...

I'm not absolutely sure that I have a full understanding of how
everything works, but it seems to me, that the Keystore file is pretty
important. I can't see how I could read one of my disks without the
keystore - but on the other hand I suppose it isn't used with the
preboot authentication, since the dks-file is stored on the drive
itself...? And there's also the fact, that the keystore doesn't contain
my passwords, so it can't be that important - or can it?

The point is that if the keystore is crucial for accessing my encrypted
data, I want to take a backup of the keystore and save on some external
media, but I can't find any support on this subject anywhere!

Can anyone explain to me how this keystore-business works, and if I
should make a backup copy of the keystore?

KeyStore Blues Stefan Schulz Java 1 08-06-2005 06:49 PM
Hardcode keystore into java program Fritz Bayer Java 1 10-25-2004 07:54 AM
KeyStore and PublicKey Rogue Chameleon Java 3 09-27-2004 05:43 PM
lost the key store password, can create new keystore? Andrew Thompson Java 5 12-12-2003 04:07 AM
JSSE -- SSL with client authentication and keystore with multiplecerts John Salvo Java 3 09-09-2003 01:04 AM

Advertisments