Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VOIP Router Recommendation Please

VOIP Router Recommendation Please

Phil

I am looking at getting a new modem/router. I would like it to have at least
2 phone ports for use with standard phone's and each port needs to be able
to be set up with a different VOIP account. Any ideas what my best option
is? Thanks in advance

Martin²

You have four choices:
Draytek 2800VG, very good, reliable, expensive. Draytek 2600VG, second hand
/ from Ebay, no ADSL2, but otherwise as 2800VG.
FritzBox! from Sipgate.co.uk, many people swear by them, can set up multiple
VoIP providers.
Finally Zyxel 2602HW, ADSL2+, WiFi, 2x VoIP, latest TI chipset as good as
anything else.
As it happens I have new, boxed one for sale, they retail at £155, open to
offers.
Regards,
Martin at gsoft dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Ivor Jones

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44c03210$0$10949$(E-Mail Removed)
> I am looking at getting a new modem/router. I would like
> it to have at least 2 phone ports for use with standard
> phone's and each port needs to be able to be set up with
> a different VOIP account. Any ideas what my best option
> is? Thanks in advance

AVM Fritz!Box Fon (www.avm.de/en) supports up to 10 SIP accounts. Most
models have 2 phone ports, the WLAN7050 has three. Router has QoS and the
device is very easy to set up with a wizard type interface.

Ivor

Phil

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44c03210$0$10949$(E-Mail Removed)
>> I am looking at getting a new modem/router. I would like
>> it to have at least 2 phone ports for use with standard
>> phone's and each port needs to be able to be set up with
>> a different VOIP account. Any ideas what my best option
>> is? Thanks in advance

> AVM Fritz!Box Fon (www.avm.de/en) supports up to 10 SIP accounts. Most
> models have 2 phone ports, the WLAN7050 has three. Router has QoS and the
> device is very easy to set up with a wizard type interface.
>
> Ivor

Thanks, just what I'm looking for.