Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Kerio 4.1.3 firewall and PGP 9.0.x

Kerio 4.1.3 firewall and PGP 9.0.x

Georges Heinesch

Hi.

I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.

Is this a known problem?

TIA

--
Georges

Notan

Georges Heinesch wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
> 9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.
>
> Is this a known problem?

I'm confused... If you *already* had Kerio installed, what do you mean,

Notan wrote:

> Georges Heinesch wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
>>9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.
>>
>>Is this a known problem?

> I'm confused... If you *already* had Kerio installed, what do you mean,
> "... had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end?"

PGP destroyed somehow the installed Kerio! Never had such an issue
before. Kerio was properly installed and running. After the PGP
installation (which went fine), I could not open the Kerio
configuration. Also, Kerio showed messages of in/out packets all the
time (only for 2 seconds, then disappearing).

Good, he ... !

Bye,

--
Georges

Georges Heinesch

Georges Heinesch wrote:

> I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
> 9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.
>
> Is this a known problem?

I tried it now with Kerio 4.2.0. Same story.

After installing PGP 9.0.2, Kerio 4.2.0 doesn't work properly any more.
The interesting part is that when uninstalling PGP, Kerio works again!

--
Georges

Dazz

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:22:33 +0200, Georges Heinesch
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Georges Heinesch wrote:
>
>> I have Kerio 4.1.3 installed on my computer. Yesterday, I installed PGP
>> 9.0.1 (also tried 9.0.2) and had a corrupt Kerio installation at the end.
>>
>> Is this a known problem?

>I tried it now with Kerio 4.2.0. Same story.
>
>After installing PGP 9.0.2, Kerio 4.2.0 doesn't work properly any more.
>The interesting part is that when uninstalling PGP, Kerio works again!

Perhaps PGP replaced some files that Kerio also utilises.

Did you try reinstalling Kerio again (after you've installed PGP)?

Dazz

Georges Heinesch

Dazz wrote:

>>After installing PGP 9.0.2, Kerio 4.2.0 doesn't work properly any more.
>>The interesting part is that when uninstalling PGP, Kerio works again!

> Perhaps PGP replaced some files that Kerio also utilises.

Well ... this problem should be known to the PGP makers ?! ;(

> Did you try reinstalling Kerio again (after you've installed PGP)?

I never came to the point where ...

1. PGP was fully installed (the system doesn't let me).
2. I can still properly work with the WinXP system, hence not allowing a
new kerio installation.

Thanks,

--
Georges

Georges Heinesch

Dazz wrote:

> Perhaps PGP replaced some files that Kerio also utilises.

Nope, see below ...

> Did you try reinstalling Kerio again (after you've installed PGP)?

Actually ... the Kerio installation is fine again after I uninstall PGP.
Hence, it looks to me like PGP would be "blocking" Kerio from working
properly. Very strange ...

--
Georges