Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Frame Relay Traffic shaping, adaptive shaping

Frame Relay Traffic shaping, adaptive shaping

Kenny D

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what is the affect of not having
frame-relay adaptive shaping becn configured in a traffic class. Does
it mean that traffic shaping takes a little bit longer to kick in or
that no messages are sent to the remote end and this trqaffic shaping
does not kick in?

Appreciate any comments.

Remien, Carsten

Hi,

when the provider have a traffic jam in his plattform, the plattform sends
BECN´s to the sending station (and to the first Frame Relay Switch).
When adaptive shaping is active (on your CPE), the CPE reduce the bandwidth
automaticly.
You also have to enable the traffic shaping on your WAN interface.

Regards

Carsten Remien

"Kenny D" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>

> Can someone please tell me what is the affect of not having
> frame-relay adaptive shaping becn configured in a traffic class. Does
> it mean that traffic shaping takes a little bit longer to kick in or
> that no messages are sent to the remote end and this trqaffic shaping
> does not kick in?
>
> Appreciate any comments.

Azereus, Traffic shaping (avoid traffic shaping in with azereus) Nova NZ Computing 2 03-20-2006 09:03 AM
frame-relay adaptive-shaping AM Cisco 3 07-21-2005 08:38 AM
FRAME RELAY TRAFFIC SHAPING Khan Cisco 0 05-08-2004 04:12 PM
Frame Relay traffic shaping jmarkotic Cisco 3 12-11-2003 09:10 AM
frame relay traffic shaping drops pvc occasionally under light load... wr Cisco 0 11-12-2003 09:44 AM

Advertisments