Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > ACOUSTIC SNOOPING ON TYPED INFORMATION

Reply
Thread Tools

ACOUSTIC SNOOPING ON TYPED INFORMATION

 
 
Imhotep
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2005
Winged wrote:

>
>
> Re: ACOUSTIC SNOOPING ON TYPED INFORMATION
> From:
> Winged <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Date:
> Sunday 18 September 2005 11:20:54 am
> Groups:
> alt.computer.security
> References: 1 2 3
>
> Imhotep wrote:
>> Brett Michaels From Poison wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Definitely cool. I bet the Feds had this years ago though, kind of like
>>>those evm? things that pick up what you are viewing on your monitor
>>>from a good distance.

>>


True, but remember the ability to use lasers off of windows to get
sound?

It is the primary reason the CIA head quarters has to layers to it's walls
(with music being played in between)....

Let the conspiracies begin!
Im
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Winged
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-19-2005
Imhotep wrote:
> Winged wrote:
>
>
>>
>>Re: ACOUSTIC SNOOPING ON TYPED INFORMATION
>>From:
>>Winged <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>Date:
>>Sunday 18 September 2005 11:20:54 am
>>Groups:
>>alt.computer.security
>>References: 1 2 3
>>
>>Imhotep wrote:
>>
>>>Brett Michaels From Poison wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Definitely cool. I bet the Feds had this years ago though, kind of like
>>>>those evm? things that pick up what you are viewing on your monitor
>>>
>>>>from a good distance.
>>>

>
>
> True, but remember the ability to use lasers off of windows to get
> sound?
>
> It is the primary reason the CIA head quarters has to layers to it's walls
> (with music being played in between)....
>
> Let the conspiracies begin!
> Im

Quit spooking me out...back to the old squishy quiet keyboards...I hate
those things...I am well aware of lasers n glass shucks even saw a
commercial of the shelf on net...some bright boy gonna make us buy
squishy keyboards again...someone shoot me please...

Yes i was thinking direct listening devices...wasn't thinking
lasers..which can be done at very long ranges invisibly..hell to get old.

Winged
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Imhotep
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-19-2005
Winged wrote:

> Imhotep wrote:
>> Winged wrote:
>>
>>
>>>
>>>Re: ACOUSTIC SNOOPING ON TYPED INFORMATION
>>>From:
>>>Winged <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>Date:
>>>Sunday 18 September 2005 11:20:54 am
>>>Groups:
>>>alt.computer.security
>>>References: 1 2 3
>>>
>>>Imhotep wrote:
>>>
>>>>Brett Michaels From Poison wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Definitely cool. I bet the Feds had this years ago though, kind of like
>>>>>those evm? things that pick up what you are viewing on your monitor
>>>>
>>>>>from a good distance.
>>>>

>>
>>
>> True, but remember the ability to use lasers off of windows to get
>> sound?
>>
>> It is the primary reason the CIA head quarters has to layers to it's
>> walls (with music being played in between)....
>>
>> Let the conspiracies begin!
>> Im

> Quit spooking me out...back to the old squishy quiet keyboards...I hate
> those things...I am well aware of lasers n glass shucks even saw a
> commercial of the shelf on net...some bright boy gonna make us buy
> squishy keyboards again...someone shoot me please...


LOL...

> Yes i was thinking direct listening devices...wasn't thinking
> lasers..which can be done at very long ranges invisibly..hell to get old.
>
> Winged


Imhotep
 
Reply With Quote
 
Hootowl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-20-2005
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:42:41 -0500, Winged <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Imhotep wrote:
>> Winged wrote:
>>
>>
>>>
>>>Re: ACOUSTIC SNOOPING ON TYPED INFORMATION
>>>From:
>>>Winged <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>Date:
>>>Sunday 18 September 2005 11:20:54 am
>>>Groups:
>>>alt.computer.security
>>>References: 1 2 3
>>>
>>>Imhotep wrote:
>>>
>>>>Brett Michaels From Poison wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Definitely cool. I bet the Feds had this years ago though, kind of like
>>>>>those evm? things that pick up what you are viewing on your monitor
>>>>
>>>>>from a good distance.
>>>>

>>
>>
>> True, but remember the ability to use lasers off of windows to get
>> sound?
>>
>> It is the primary reason the CIA head quarters has to layers to it's walls
>> (with music being played in between)....
>>
>> Let the conspiracies begin!
>> Im

>Quit spooking me out...back to the old squishy quiet keyboards...I hate
>those things...I am well aware of lasers n glass shucks even saw a
>commercial of the shelf on net...some bright boy gonna make us buy
>squishy keyboards again...someone shoot me please...
>
>Yes i was thinking direct listening devices...wasn't thinking
>lasers..which can be done at very long ranges invisibly..hell to get old.


Simple cure-window screens.
>
>Winged


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for the Manual for the Acoustic Research AW-871 Wireless Stereo Speaker AW871 Arawak Computer Support 1 12-09-2008 09:57 PM
Acoustic Solutions dvd 321 kevin welsh Computer Support 3 12-02-2004 12:51 PM
How can I add a row from a typed datatable to another instance of that typed datatable? Ersin Gençtürk ASP .Net 1 10-06-2004 01:11 PM
Canon Ixus 500 noise (acoustic) mike Digital Photography 4 06-03-2004 02:47 PM
Trying to find a SEAGATE HD utility to disable "acoustic management" on my 2 drives Tim Computer Support 2 01-10-2004 02:02 AM



Advertisments