Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Anonymous

Anonymous

Nowhere

Is there a free 'anonymous surfer' software tool available? Do they work and
are they any good?

scramble68@gmail.com

For Winblows, I use a combination of Privoxy and Tor. Both are free.
For Linux, I also use proxychains with tor, (127.0.0.1 9050) in the
/etc/proxychains.conf file to proxy apps other than web browsing. You
can even do an Nmap scan using tor with proxychains.
Yes, they work very well. After installing them, find a site that will
test your proxy to see if it is anonymous. If you need complete anon,
use tor.privoxy, over someone elses wifi network.
http://tor.eff.org/index.html