Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Security Mailing Lists / eMail alerts for webserver hosting?

Security Mailing Lists / eMail alerts for webserver hosting?

Martin F. Hohenberg

Hi.

This might be a FAQ ...

Currently, my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on
Unix systems). Because of a change in contract, I will be responsible for
about 10 webservers (running the standard stuff, Debian, Apache, MySQL)
beginning October, 1st.

Are there any security mailing lists I should monitor regulary? Which one do
you suggest?

Greetings

Martin

Imhotep

Martin F. Hohenberg wrote:

> Hi.
>
> This might be a FAQ ...
>
> Currently, my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on
> Unix systems). Because of a change in contract, I will be responsible for
> about 10 webservers (running the standard stuff, Debian, Apache, MySQL)
> beginning October, 1st.
>
> Are there any security mailing lists I should monitor regulary? Which one
> do you suggest?
>
> Greetings
>
> Martin

Apache has a mailing system you can sign up for. Not sure about MySQL. I
would also, check the newgroups, once a week, for Apche, MySQL, etc, etc...

Imhotep

Hairy One Kenobi

"Martin F. Hohenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dfujhn$3ue$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> This might be a FAQ ...
>
> Currently, my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on
> Unix systems). Because of a change in contract, I will be responsible for
> about 10 webservers (running the standard stuff, Debian, Apache, MySQL)
> beginning October, 1st.
>
> Are there any security mailing lists I should monitor regulary? Which one

do
> you suggest?

Everyone has their own lists.. CERT have RSS, most people over here use
BugTraq for email. Any thing significant shows up on any decent list -
although it can be worth subscribing to one in a geographically similar
location, because of time zones.

H1K

Winged

Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
> "Martin F. Hohenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dfujhn$3ue$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>This might be a FAQ ...
>>
>>Currently, my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on
>>Unix systems). Because of a change in contract, I will be responsible for
>>about 10 webservers (running the standard stuff, Debian, Apache, MySQL)
>>beginning October, 1st.
>>
>>Are there any security mailing lists I should monitor regulary? Which one

> do
>
>>you suggest?

> Everyone has their own lists.. CERT have RSS, most people over here use
> BugTraq for email. Any thing significant shows up on any decent list -
> although it can be worth subscribing to one in a geographically similar
> location, because of time zones.
>
> H1K

Secunia (www.secunia.com) has an RSS feed and very good bug track from
various sources.

Additionally the have a RSS virus feed that provides breaking virus
information from several of the commercial anti-virus entities.

I find it timely and useful.

Winged