Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Ultimate security

Ultimate security

Jim Watt

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:54:06 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Notan wrote:
>
>> Imhotep wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> 4) Stay the hell away from IE and active-x
>>>
>>> 7) Configure your automatic update to update (or at least check) everyday

>> If I'm not mistaken, Windows Update utilizes ActiveX.
>>
>> Notan

>Yes, you are correct. The one significant windows site uses one of the worse
>protocols constructed. Are you really surprised?

There is nothing wrong with activex providing you trust the people
who wrote it.

but you have an obsession with slagging MS
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Imhotep

Jim Watt wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:54:06 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Notan wrote:

>>> If I'm not mistaken, Windows Update utilizes ActiveX.
>>>
>>> Notan

>>Yes, you are correct. The one significant windows site uses one of the
>>worse protocols constructed. Are you really surprised?

> There is nothing wrong with activex providing you trust the people
> who wrote it.

Yet another mindless comment from you.

A lot spyware apps require two basic things 1) Active-X 2) local Admin
privs. Not using Active X and not being a local admin is just a smart way
to go if you can not learn another OS.

Second your comment is mindless...and I quote you:

"There is nothing wrong with activex providing you trust the people
who wrote it."

Do you know every writer of every active-x app for every web site you go to?
Even if you do most people do not. It makes much more sense to not use it
(unless going to the MS web site for an update)...

> but you have an obsession with slagging MS

An you have an obsession for being a moron but, I don't hold that against
you much. Like agreeing that NZ does not need better protection from
SPAM...still waiting on you to explain why, since you agree with MS, you
are hiding your email address?

Im
> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

Jim Watt

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:30:13 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jim Watt wrote:

>>>Yes, you are correct. The one significant windows site uses one of the
>>>worse protocols constructed. Are you really surprised?

>> There is nothing wrong with activex providing you trust the people
>> who wrote it.

>Yet another mindless comment from you.

do you +have+ to reply to everything and be abusive ?

>Do you know every writer of every active-x app for every web site you go to?

If its digitally signed by Microsoft its OK, otherwise I don't accept
it.

>SPAM...still waiting on you to explain why, since you agree with MS, you
>are hiding your email address?

Can I suggest you hold your breath, and please recall that you have
been advised that SPAM is a registered trade mark.

Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because
they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous
sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."

.... Neil Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Imhotep

Jim Watt wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:30:13 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Jim Watt wrote:

>>> There is nothing wrong with activex providing you trust the people
>>> who wrote it.

>>Yet another mindless comment from you.

> do you +have+ to reply to everything and be abusive ?

Well, you replied to me and I replied to you. As for abusive, you are the
one with serious anger management and racism issues. You reply quite rudely
to people then ask them why they are acting abusive? Are you in denial
much?

>>Do you know every writer of every active-x app for every web site you go
>>to?

> If its digitally signed by Microsoft its OK, otherwise I don't accept
> it.
>
>>SPAM...still waiting on you to explain why, since you agree with MS, you
>>are hiding your email address?

> Can I suggest you hold your breath, and please recall that you have
> been advised that SPAM is a registered trade mark.

Who cares...um not me...Again, you side stepped answering the question. Try
answering the question then try suggesting the differences between spam and
SPAM...

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:21:04 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Yet another mindless comment from you.

>> do you +have+ to reply to everything and be abusive ?

>Well, you replied to me and I replied to you. As for abusive, you are the
>one with serious anger management and racism issues.

so you say, quite how you infer that from posting that a large
percentage of the residents of India are illiterate remains a mystery
but go complain to the CIA about their website which supports
the argument.

As for living in cardboard boxes, many yorkshiremen dream of that
luxury.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

John Veldhuis

Notan wrote:

> Imhotep wrote:
>
>><snip>
>>
>>4) Stay the hell away from IE and active-x
>>
>>7) Configure your automatic update to update (or at least check) everyday

> If I'm not mistaken, Windows Update utilizes ActiveX.
>
> Notan

Only to inspect, install and upgrade itself. And there is a way around
that (we filter ActiveX on the firewall, and Windows Update works fine).

John

Imhotep

Jim Watt wrote:

>>> do you +have+ to reply to everything and be abusive ?

>>Well, you replied to me and I replied to you. As for abusive, you are the
>>one with serious anger management and racism issues.

> so you say, quite how you infer that from posting that a large
> percentage of the residents of India are illiterate remains a mystery
> but go complain to the CIA about their website which supports
> the argument.
>
> As for living in cardboard boxes, many yorkshiremen dream of that
> luxury.
> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

Jim you made a racist statement. You can try sugar coat it if you want, but
I know what you are all about. Cease you bigotry, there is no place for
that kind of senseless hate...

Most racistism stems from a weak view of oneself. May some counseling would
help you....

Good Luck,
Im

Management

Imhotep wrote:
<SNIP>

> Jim you made a racist statement. You can try sugar coat it if you want, but
> I know what you are all about. Cease you bigotry, there is no place for
> that kind of senseless hate...
>
> Most racistism stems from a weak view of oneself. May some counseling would
> help you....
>
> Good Luck,
> Im

Imhotep,

Don't feed the troll!!!

Charlie.

--
Broadcasting to the environs
www.radiowymsey.org

Imhotep

Management wrote:

> Imhotep wrote:
> <SNIP>
>>
>> Jim you made a racist statement. You can try sugar coat it if you want,
>> but I know what you are all about. Cease you bigotry, there is no place
>> for that kind of senseless hate...
>>
>> Most racistism stems from a weak view of oneself. May some counseling
>> would help you....
>>
>> Good Luck,
>> Im

> Imhotep,