Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > HTTP attack or not?

HTTP attack or not?

Bush is a Fascist

Hi all,

My webserver periodically receives HTTP requests
of the following format:

GET /
Host: my server IP
Authorization: 5400 bytes of junk

The other day, my very own home computer apparently
sent such a request to the server, which has led me
to believe this is just something that perhaps IE
spews out. I was unusually using IE that day
for testing. Or, I suppose my Windows may be infected
with something.

Anyone have any insights on this?
Thanks,

Router Attack Problem X-mas Scan Radley Cisco 0 01-20-2004 03:27 PM
DOS Attack SingSong Cisco 3 12-13-2003 01:47 AM
cisco commands for checking for DOS attack Tim J. Dunn Cisco 2 11-05-2003 03:15 AM
Any one do a mini-few-sec digital handheld videocam for re-attack after violent road rage attack? dorothy.bradbury Digital Photography 15 07-20-2003 11:58 PM

Advertisments