Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Microsoft wins against spammer

Microsoft wins against spammer

Jim Watt

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/s...546407,00.html

"Microsoft has filed more than 135 anti-spam lawsuits worldwide in
recent years, about 100 of them in the United States. All told, the
company said it had won $838 million in judgments against spammers."

sounds good to me.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Steve Welsh

Yes, Jim

It is just such a pity that it is M$'s total shite software that has
allowed the spammers to take over thousands of Windoze boxes as botnets
that caused the spam 'tsunami' of the last couple of years.

Jim Watt wrote:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/s...546407,00.html
>
> "Microsoft has filed more than 135 anti-spam lawsuits worldwide in
> recent years, about 100 of them in the United States. All told, the
> company said it had won $838 million in judgments against spammers."
>
> sounds good to me.
>
> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

Imhotep

Steve Welsh wrote:

> Yes, Jim
>
> It is just such a pity that it is M$'s total shite software that has
> allowed the spammers to take over thousands of Windoze boxes as botnets
> that caused the spam 'tsunami' of the last couple of years.
>
> Jim Watt wrote:
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/s...546407,00.html
>>
>> "Microsoft has filed more than 135 anti-spam lawsuits worldwide in
>> recent years, about 100 of them in the United States. All told, the
>> company said it had won $838 million in judgments against spammers."
>>
>> sounds good to me.
>>
>> --
>> Jim Watt
>> http://www.gibnet.com

....Yet again Microsoft wins. Maybe that is why they let them get away with
spamming for so long....1) Make crapware, 2) let spammers make millions
using your OS to spam, 3) sue spammers and get thier money...

Jim Watt

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:25:00 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Steve Welsh wrote:
>
>> Yes, Jim
>>
>> It is just such a pity that it is M$'s total shite software that has
>> allowed the spammers to take over thousands of Windoze boxes as botnets
>> that caused the spam 'tsunami' of the last couple of years.
>>
>> Jim Watt wrote:
>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/s...546407,00.html
>>>
>>> "Microsoft has filed more than 135 anti-spam lawsuits worldwide in
>>> recent years, about 100 of them in the United States. All told, the
>>> company said it had won $838 million in judgments against spammers."
>>>
>>> sounds good to me.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim Watt
>>> http://www.gibnet.com

>...Yet again Microsoft wins. Maybe that is why they let them get away with
>spamming for so long....1) Make crapware, 2) let spammers make millions
>using your OS to spam, 3) sue spammers and get thier money...

Why don't you 'get a mac' like you advised others?

Its a MS world, whether you like it or not.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Imhotep

Jim Watt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:25:00 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Steve Welsh wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, Jim
>>>
>>> It is just such a pity that it is M$'s total shite software that has
>>> allowed the spammers to take over thousands of Windoze boxes as botnets
>>> that caused the spam 'tsunami' of the last couple of years.

>>...Yet again Microsoft wins. Maybe that is why they let them get away with
>>spamming for so long....1) Make crapware, 2) let spammers make millions
>>using your OS to spam, 3) sue spammers and get thier money...

> Why don't you 'get a mac' like you advised others?
>
> Its a MS world, whether you like it or not.
> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to learn
how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are still
upgrading...

It is a rapidly change World, Jim. There are pilot programs here in the US
where Windows has been replaced with linux. You have investment groups
investing in linux based solutions. Wether you like it or not linux/BSD is
gaining ground in the work place and will overtake Windows. Learn it or be
left behind.

Why am I so confident that this will happen?

1) MS seems scared in their actions (not their words,but their actions).
They are trying everything they can to make Windows inoperable with non
windows systems. IE7 will not even pass the acid2 test. Nor are they
planning on having IE7 pass. There are using IP to copyright everything
under the Sun to prevent and slow down linux.

2) MS has ****ing off way to many people with their licensing games

3) MS has ****ing off a lot of people with their outright arrogance

4) MS has ****ed of a lot of people with their promises but, usually are way
short on the delivery.

5) Look what they did with SCO!

Im

Jim Watt

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:03:29 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
>desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to learn
>how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are still
>upgrading...
>
>It is a rapidly change World, Jim.

indeed one where people can't write in English.

>Why am I so confident that this will happen?

because you are a delusional dickhead?

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Imhotep

Jim Watt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:03:29 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
>>desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to
>>learn how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are
>>still upgrading...
>>
>>It is a rapidly change World, Jim.

> indeed one where people can't write in English.
>
>>Why am I so confident that this will happen?

> because you are a delusional dickhead?
>

> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

Jim, once again you are showing your ineptness with anything technical. You
truly are a useless old man with a small brain and massive amounts of
ignorance. Congraduations, you are a strong candidate for "Senior Dickhead
of the Newsgroups" this year. Stop wasting everyone's time with you
mindless comments and dribble you are just making an ass of yourself....

Imhotep

Jim Watt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:03:29 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
>>desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to
>>learn how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are
>>still upgrading...
>>
>>It is a rapidly change World, Jim.

> indeed one where people can't write in English.
>
>>Why am I so confident that this will happen?

> because you are a delusional dickhead?
>

> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

I was thinking. I can not recall a single post from you that had any sort of
technical merit. Not one. Infact, excluding your comical relief, you are
are quite useless. Don't get me wrong I enjoy laughing at you, as I am sure
other people who read your posts here do too. Why do you really come here?
You post midless dribble and lame insults. People laugh at what a moron you
are. Why do you come here?

Jim Watt

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:24:13 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jim Watt wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:03:29 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>First, I am a linux/FreeBSD user both at home and work (yes even our
>>>desktops are 80% linux!). I do recommend to people who do not want to
>>>learn how to set up linux/BSD to check a Mac. At least these people are
>>>still upgrading...
>>>
>>>It is a rapidly change World, Jim.

>> indeed one where people can't write in English.
>>
>>>Why am I so confident that this will happen?

>> because you are a delusional dickhead?
>>

>> --
>> Jim Watt
>> http://www.gibnet.com

>Jim, once again you are showing your ineptness with anything technical. You
>truly are a useless old man with a small brain and massive amounts of
>ignorance. Congraduations, you are a strong candidate for "Senior Dickhead
>of the Newsgroups" this year. Stop wasting everyone's time with you
>mindless comments and dribble you are just making an ass of yourself....

.... I see you have nothing to say regarding issues of computer
security.

I really don't know why operating systems engender such
blind quasi-religious feelings from their adherents. Whether
I like Microsoft or not nearly all my business involves machines
running their products and that is the reality and its not going
to change.

If your only advise is to 'get a Mac or 'use Linux the joke is
on you.

Now **** off.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Jim Watt

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:40:03 GMT, Imhotep <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was thinking. I can not recall a single post from you that had any sort of
>technical merit.

you can understand technical things?

However, all you seem to do is be abusive and quote URLS
for comment, so I believe we have a pot/kettle situation of
a dark nature.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com