Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Paranoia - Windows Update causing scan of all mapped network drives upon Internet connection?

Paranoia - Windows Update causing scan of all mapped network drives upon Internet connection?

ParanoiaPlus

Just re-installed, then updated Win98SE at the MS site, and noticed
that whenever I make an Internet dialup connection, a series of
"Connecting to Drive X" dialog boxes appears, as if *something* was
attempting to connect to each of the mapped drives on my 3-workstation
network at that time.

Is that normal behavior? I never noticed it before.

I do have ZoneAlarmPro installed, but have put all the workstations in
the "Trusted Zone".

(I am not using a proxy server to enable Internet connections to all
the workstations. Only one has a dialup connection.)

Is there a way to stop this?

TIA