Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > urgent: forensic computing

urgent: forensic computing

Poppy

anyone know of anyone within such a role or information/technology
security???

help much appreciated..

Poppy.

Quaoar

Poppy wrote:
> anyone know of anyone within such a role or information/technology
> security???
>
> help much appreciated..
>
> Poppy.

Contact the FBI.

Mr.G

"Poppy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BsjIe.17$(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone know of anyone within such a role or information/technology
> security???
>
> help much appreciated..
>
> Poppy.

What's wrong? Forensics is one of the fields in security.

Mr.G

Winged

Mr.G wrote:
> "Poppy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BsjIe.17$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>anyone know of anyone within such a role or information/technology
>>security???
>>
>>help much appreciated..
>>
>>Poppy.
>>

> What's wrong? Forensics is one of the fields in security.
>
> Mr.G

I thought everyone here had to do forensics to some degree, though I am
sure some of us more than others. While not everyone here has to
prepare forensic data for court, I know for a fact several of us do.
Usually if we do our job properly however court can be avoided.

Evidence has to always be collected in such a way to leave the original
evidence in tact with no chance of modification. But yes there are
several folks here who do forensics and a couple other sharp cookies who
could but have gone to the dark side. Forensics is definitely a portion
of security, but those who do forensics, often question motives of those
who seek us out.

Winged

Poppy

"Winged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9e3ae$42f2d091$18d6d91e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mr.G wrote:
> > "Poppy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:BsjIe.17$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>anyone know of anyone within such a role or information/technology
> >>security???
> >>
> >>help much appreciated..
> >>
> >>Poppy.
> >>

> > What's wrong? Forensics is one of the fields in security.
> >
> > Mr.G
> >

> I thought everyone here had to do forensics to some degree, though I am
> sure some of us more than others. While not everyone here has to
> prepare forensic data for court, I know for a fact several of us do.
> Usually if we do our job properly however court can be avoided.
>
> Evidence has to always be collected in such a way to leave the original
> evidence in tact with no chance of modification. But yes there are
> several folks here who do forensics and a couple other sharp cookies who
> could but have gone to the dark side. Forensics is definitely a portion
> of security, but those who do forensics, often question motives of those
> who seek us out.

okk.... i'm purely doing a research project connected with the forensic
proffession..... nothing else... lol

Rusty

"Poppy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BsjIe.17$(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone know of anyone within such a role or information/technology
> security???
>
> help much appreciated..
>
> Poppy.

try "computer forensics" in Google.

1,230,000 hits.

Pete

On 2005-08-06, in alt.computer.security, Poppy
<(E-Mail Removed)>, typed :

>> I thought everyone here had to do forensics to some degree, though I am
>> sure some of us more than others. While not everyone here has to prepare
>> forensic data for court, I know for a fact several of us do. Usually if
>> we do our job properly however court can be avoided.
>>
>> Evidence has to always be collected in such a way to leave the original
>> evidence in tact with no chance of modification. But yes there are
>> several folks here who do forensics and a couple other sharp cookies who
>> could but have gone to the dark side. Forensics is definitely a portion
>> of security, but those who do forensics, often question motives of those
>> who seek us out.
>>

> okk.... i'm purely doing a research project connected with the forensic
> proffession..... nothing else... lol

Why was 'urgent' necessary in your subject line ? It implies a quick
response would be appreciated does it not ? Usually it is because the poster
needs help quickly with a *serious* computer problem.

As has been mentioned already, use Google and do some work yourself instead
of trying to be cute.

Regards,

Pete.

Poppy

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On 2005-08-06, in alt.computer.security, Poppy
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, typed :

> >> I thought everyone here had to do forensics to some degree, though I am
> >> sure some of us more than others. While not everyone here has to

prepare
> >> forensic data for court, I know for a fact several of us do. Usually

if
> >> we do our job properly however court can be avoided.
> >>
> >> Evidence has to always be collected in such a way to leave the original
> >> evidence in tact with no chance of modification. But yes there are
> >> several folks here who do forensics and a couple other sharp cookies

who
> >> could but have gone to the dark side. Forensics is definitely a

portion
> >> of security, but those who do forensics, often question motives of

those
> >> who seek us out.
> >>

> > okk.... i'm purely doing a research project connected with the forensic
> > proffession..... nothing else... lol

> Why was 'urgent' necessary in your subject line ? It implies a quick
> response would be appreciated does it not ? Usually it is because the

poster
> needs help quickly with a *serious* computer problem.
>
> As has been mentioned already, use Google and do some work yourself

instead
> of trying to be cute.

Well personally, i wouldn't try to assume the meaning or implied meaning of
what someone says untill you have actually asked them. The research i am
doing involves a methodology whereby i *need* to *ask* other ppl within this
profession, due to time constraints it is actually quite urgent that this
gets done pretty quickly. Surely this shows how not all urgent requests
have a sinister basis....