Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Last minute security rollout for Windows 2000...

Last minute security rollout for Windows 2000...

Imhotep

Alceryes

That's good...at least I can keep clients who still use Win2k (and rarely
hit automatic updates) up to date.
Just as a side note the Microsoft validation tool doesn't care what your OS
currently is as long as it's legit. I DL'd the Win2k Update Rollup (for use
with my clients computers) on my XP machine with no problems.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...ins/rollup.asp

--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

"Imhotep" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=11017
>
> - Im

Jbob

"Alceryes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just as a side note the Microsoft validation tool doesn't care what your
> OS currently is as long as it's legit. I DL'd the Win2k Update Rollup (for
> use with my clients computers) on my XP machine with no problems.

And another side note, you don't even have to let it check to download.
Just click NO and continue!

Michael J. Pelletier

Jbob wrote:

> "Alceryes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just as a side note the Microsoft validation tool doesn't care what your
>> OS currently is as long as it's legit. I DL'd the Win2k Update Rollup
>> (for use with my clients computers) on my XP machine with no problems.
>>

> And another side note, you don't even have to let it check to download.
> Just click NO and continue!

....for now, for now...

Wireless setting rollout Gordon Robinson Wireless Networking 1 06-10-2008 03:03 AM
Refresh every minute, on the minute. Denebola Java 3 02-27-2006 07:39 AM
PIX Rollout jed Cisco 2 08-12-2005 04:12 AM
Compilation Error 1073807364 after rollout of New Version of App John ASP .Net 0 07-06-2004 09:01 AM
ANy opsions on an easy rollout of MS critical updates ? me@mycrazyhome.org Computer Support 3 06-23-2004 04:07 AM

Advertisments