Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CCNA exam

CCNA exam

Reggiani

Hi all,
I've been working "on the network" for years... but now my company asks
for some certifications:-/
I've been told that the CCNA exam changed a lot in the last months.. do
you know something about that? Do you know which new subjects have been
added?
Many thanks!
Gabriele

Garry Glendown

Reggiani wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been working "on the network" for years... but now my company asks
> for some certifications:-/
> I've been told that the CCNA exam changed a lot in the last months.. do
> you know something about that? Do you know which new subjects have been
> added?

Hm ... I'd have to renew mine sometime ... had mine three years ago ...
If they did change it, have they finally tried to straighten out the
crap questions/answers they have in there? Where multiple answers are
correct instead of just one?

-gg

Nikolay Arbuzov

I just passed CCNA exam a week ago. Most of the questiong was on following
subjects:

1) OSI model.
2) routing protocols RIP (simulator)
3) access lists (simulator)
4) VLAN's.
5) knowledge of some basic commands (how to find version of OS or what
0x2102 mean)
6) basic troubleshoting (simulator)
7) translation between hex - bin - dec.
A lot of questions about IP subneting/superneting.

I don't know what CCNA exam was before, I used some of the old books (2-3
years old) for
my studying and I think they were just fine. I can't remember if there was
any questions
about ISDN or FR. But if there was probably for some basic concepts
understanding.

"Garry Glendown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqk654$74p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Reggiani wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I've been working "on the network" for years... but now my company asks
> > for some certifications:-/
> > I've been told that the CCNA exam changed a lot in the last months.. do
> > you know something about that? Do you know which new subjects have been
> > added?

> Hm ... I'd have to renew mine sometime ... had mine three years ago ...
> If they did change it, have they finally tried to straighten out the
> crap questions/answers they have in there? Where multiple answers are
> correct instead of just one?
>
> -gg

Reggiani

Thanks for your help!
I'm studying a book 2/3 years old either.. I hope it will be enought.

Regards,
Gabriele