Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > New IE6 security hole

New IE6 security hole

Pascal Vyncke

Hi,

I discovered a NEW security hole / exploit in IE6 with SP2 and all the
latest security patches.

Overview of the exploit:

* Bug for all Microsoft Internet Explorer users
* Can be abused by hackers to run harmful JavaScript code and can be abused
to mislead existing protection against harmful JavaScript code, like
software from Norton, McAfee,.
* Can be abused to mislead the search engines Google, MSN, Yahoo,
AltaVista,.
* Unpleasant for JavaScript programmers

All the information about the NEW horrible bug (info, exploit,.) , see the
page
http://research.seniorennet.be/Techr...t_explorer.php

The bug is reported to Microsoft.

I publish this bug/exploit because a know security flaw is less dangerous
than an unknown security hole that can be used by real hackers, swindlers or
racketeers.

For more information about me, see also the internet page above.

Best regards,
Pascal Vyncke

Moe Trin

In the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
<hxQpe.114725$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be>, Pascal Vyncke wrote:

>I discovered a NEW security hole / exploit in IE6 with SP2 and all the
>latest security patches.

>All the information about the NEW horrible bug (info, exploit,.) , see the
>page

>The bug is reported to Microsoft.

>I publish this bug/exploit because a know security flaw is less dangerous
>than an unknown security hole that can be used by real hackers, swindlers or
>racketeers.

I see it was also posted to "alt.security" - are you going to send it to
Bugtraq, or do you think that these alternative newsgroups are all that
is needed?

http://www.securityfocus.com/

Old guy

New IP based security hole in Windows 2000 (yet again) Imhotep Computer Security 35 08-23-2005 05:15 AM
Greasemonkey security hole Z Firefox 1 07-23-2005 08:40 AM
Is it a security hole? AM Cisco 5 01-05-2005 01:58 PM
New IE6 security hole: Active scripting JedMeister NZ Computing 2 11-26-2003 04:51 AM
Security hole? LL ASP .Net 3 10-23-2003 02:20 AM

Advertisments