Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Anti-span program?

Anti-span program?

lee

Louise wrote:

> Thanks so much. The Trend Micro program is just what I'm looking for
> and I agree that it does a very good job of finding only the spam mail.
>
> It did find one false positive and I've used it on approximately 100
> emails so far. Yes, it misses some spam, but very few, and that's no
> big deal.
>
> I really like not having to teach and configure something beyond just
> telling it to let certain senders through.
>
> Louise

Report the false positives, so that Trend can upgrade it's signature
files for future releases. The only real problem with the program is
that it slows down Outlook some at startup. But hell, any 3rd party
add-on to Outlook tends to slow it down.

Louise

In article <%A_pe.2$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Louise wrote:
>

> > Thanks so much. The Trend Micro program is just what I'm looking for
> > and I agree that it does a very good job of finding only the spam mail.
> >
> > It did find one false positive and I've used it on approximately 100
> > emails so far. Yes, it misses some spam, but very few, and that's no
> > big deal.
> >
> > I really like not having to teach and configure something beyond just
> > telling it to let certain senders through.
> >
> > Louise

> Report the false positives, so that Trend can upgrade it's signature
> files for future releases. The only real problem with the program is
> that it slows down Outlook some at startup. But hell, any 3rd party
> add-on to Outlook tends to slow it down.

I will report the false positives.

I've also been reporting the spam that it misses. I assume this
worthwhile as well?

Yes, it does slow down outlook at startup and also when closing and
opening with a new user. But I'm adaptable

Louise