Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Stats on bandwidth utilization by port needed

Stats on bandwidth utilization by port needed

Hello:

With a 3620 w/ T-1 wic to internet --

We're looking to get stats by port as a
percentage of total bandwidth used for our internet connection ;
(e.g. last week 38% of all incoming traffic was to port 25 at IP address x.x.x.x etc.)

Other stats examples we're looking for:

X% incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x

X number total bps incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x

X% total bandwith used for the T-1 on a specific day was incoming traffic on port 25 to IP
x.x.x.x

X% total bandwith used for the T-1 was outgoing traffic on port 443 to IP x.x.x.x

X number bps for the week was outgoing traffic on port 21 to all IP addresses
total

etc.

What are some good products for this?
Thanks

Martin Snell

Hi there,

What you need is a test set.

If you send me an email directly, I can give you a quote for one and know
that you are seriously interested. I can also answer any questions you may
have. Hope this helps.

Martin Snell
Wanforce Technologies, Inc.

"1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqj221$hkh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> With a 3620 w/ T-1 wic to internet --
>
> We're looking to get stats by port as a
> percentage of total bandwidth used for our internet connection ;
> (e.g. last week 38% of all incoming traffic was to port 25 at IP address

x.x.x.x etc.)

> Other stats examples we're looking for:
>
> X% incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x
>
> X number total bps incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip

address x.x.x.x

> X% total bandwith used for the T-1 on a specific day was incoming traffic

on port 25 to IP
> x.x.x.x
>
> X% total bandwith used for the T-1 was outgoing traffic on port 443 to IP

x.x.x.x

> X number bps for the week was outgoing traffic on port 21 to all IP

addresses
> total
>
> etc.
>
> What are some good products for this?
> Thanks

Spencer Teran

(E-Mail Removed) (1) wrote in message news:<bqj221$hkh$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hello:
>
> With a 3620 w/ T-1 wic to internet --
>
> We're looking to get stats by port as a
> percentage of total bandwidth used for our internet connection ;
> (e.g. last week 38% of all incoming traffic was to port 25 at IP address x.x.x.x etc.)
>
> Other stats examples we're looking for:
>
> X% incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x
>
> X number total bps incoming traffic for specific week was on port 80 to ip address x.x.x.x
>
> X% total bandwith used for the T-1 on a specific day was incoming traffic on port 25 to IP
> x.x.x.x
>
> X% total bandwith used for the T-1 was outgoing traffic on port 443 to IP x.x.x.x
>
> X number bps for the week was outgoing traffic on port 21 to all IP addresses
> total
>
> etc.
>
> What are some good products for this?
> Thanks

Take a look at MRTG (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/)
for basic traffic stats. Get the RRDTool stuff as well. Then enable
NetFlow on your routers and use Flowscan and CUFlow to analyze your
flows. You can then take it a step further by sending your flow data
to RRDTool for graphing (http://www.linuxgeek.org/netflow-howto.php)

Cheers,
Spencer