Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Untraceble email back to my computer/identity ?

Untraceble email back to my computer/identity ?

internet@spamhole.com

Hello

I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal
via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me
somehow.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?

I was planning on the below, from an internet cafe or hotel business
center or library:

1. Configuring web browser to connect via proxy in another country
2. Use web-based Type-II remailer such as RIOT or PARONIA to send
email. Links below

https://riot.eu.org/anon/remailer.html.en

https://mixmaster.autistici.org/cgi-...email-user.cgi

is this a good plan? I do NOT have access to my own computer, allowing
me to run Quicksilver or Jack B Nymble.

Another idea is use Anonymizer (paid for with cash) and launch HushMail
while Anonymizer is active, and send the email. This can be done while
connected to a proxy server located in another country, altho this may
or may not be necessary for anonyminity.

comments, thoughts?

Thank You

Mimic

**** off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker.

--
Mimic

"I can speak to people anywhere in the world, I can get any information
I want, I can goto new zealand in 0.384 seconds, why would I want to go
outside?"
Damn the day star and its rays of light beaming upon my box of moving
pictures.
ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]

Alan Connor

On comp.mail.misc, in
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I live in a non-US country

Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
are obviously very familiar with.

> and would like to report something
> illegal via email, however I am fearful of the email being
> traced back to me somehow.

Right.

If you want to report something illegal anonymously, use
snail mail.

That's what people with brains do.

Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
to post to various servers anonymously.

They don't realize that the only reason that no one has
tracked them down (or rather, bothered to do anything
with that information) is that no one has any reason
to do so: Trolls don't DO anything but run their
ignorant mouths on the Internet.

No one is going to take information that comes via
an 'anonymous' email seriously. Unlike trolls, most
people have functioning minds.

<snip>

Spealing of trolls, I see that "Sam" has posted
something again.

174:[Sam ] XXXXXXX

My newsreader strips the body, and extraneous headers from
the posts of known trolls, and changes the Subject to
XXXXXX as above.

I suppose that he is complaining about his Mommy not
changing his diapers often enough again.

AC

--
alanconnor AT earthlink DOT net
Use your real return address or I'll never know you

Jim Watt

On Wed, 25 May 2005 21:15:55 +0100, Mimic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>**** off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker.

you have something against Mexicans?
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Sam

Beavis writes:

> On comp.mail.misc, in
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I live in a non-US country

> Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
> believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
> about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
> are obviously very familiar with.

Please don't place much value in Beavis' verbal outbursts. He's been
dropped on his head, as a child. Several times.

Your original suggestions appear sensible.

> Spealing of trolls, I see that "Sam" has posted
> something again.

Beavis, I post something every day. But thanks for noticing.

> 174:[Sam ] XXXXXXX
>
> My newsreader strips the body, and extraneous headers from
> the posts of known trolls, and changes the Subject to
> XXXXXX as above.

Really, Beavis?

You use slrn. I dare you to post a link to the patch to slrn that does
anything like this. Come on, Beavis. Here's your chance to prove that
you've been properly toilet-trained; that you're actually telling the truth
and not whistling through your ass.

Post the link, Beavis.

But, we all know that you won't. Your problem is not just that you're a
dumbass. Your problem is that you religiously believe that nobody realizes
that you're a dumbass.

And that's precisely why you're a dumbass. Figure it out.

Perfect Reign

On 25 May 2005 13:01:01 -0700, someone posing as (E-Mail Removed)
donned fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

> Hello
>
> I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal
> via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me
> somehow.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?

Use Hotmail.

--
kai - (E-Mail Removed) - www.perfectreign.com

kai:/> format a:
Error: The DOS concept of formatting disk media is screwed.
To format a floppy, use "fdformat /dev/fd0"
and then "mkfs.minix /dev/fd0".

David H. Lipman

From: "Mimic" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| **** off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker.
|
| --
| Mimic

Tell the jerk to f**k off. However keep the racism out !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Winged

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello
>
> I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal
> via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me
> somehow.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?
>
> I was planning on the below, from an internet cafe or hotel business
> center or library:
>
> 1. Configuring web browser to connect via proxy in another country
> 2. Use web-based Type-II remailer such as RIOT or PARONIA to send
> email. Links below
>
> https://riot.eu.org/anon/remailer.html.en
>
> https://mixmaster.autistici.org/cgi-...email-user.cgi
>
> is this a good plan? I do NOT have access to my own computer, allowing
> me to run Quicksilver or Jack B Nymble.
>
> Another idea is use Anonymizer (paid for with cash) and launch HushMail
> while Anonymizer is active, and send the email. This can be done while
> connected to a proxy server located in another country, altho this may
> or may not be necessary for anonyminity.
>
> comments, thoughts?
>
> Thank You

In Uruguay the connections can be tracked by authorities irrespective of
foreign proxies used. This is true of a number of latnic countries
because of laws in place, and who controls the wire. I suspect you are
best off to find a computer that you can use without notice that can
not be traced to you or someone you love. They will be able to track it
to the computer, it should be done quietly. You should compose message
ahead of time in text only, paste the message and disappear and never
revisit the host location again.

Winged

NetworkElf

On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:35:23 GMT, Alan Connor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
> to post to various servers anonymously.

I can't think of any better example of a troll post. You've illustrated
your point very well.

NetworkElf: Super Genius, Computer Guy, Harley Owner!
Blindly serving the covert purposes of the criminal-minded
maniac behind Spews since 2003. Certified since 2005.

andy smart

Alan Connor wrote:
> On comp.mail.misc, in
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>

>>Hello
>>
>>I live in a non-US country

> Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
> believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
> about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
> are obviously very familiar with.
>

>>and would like to report something
>>illegal via email, however I am fearful of the email being
>>traced back to me somehow.

> Right.
>
> If you want to report something illegal anonymously, use
> snail mail.
>
> That's what people with brains do.

Not if they know they are a suspect and know anything about modern
forensic document analysis. If you are sure you are not being followed
and can get access to a computer then I would suggest that you would be
safer using email than post if you wanted to be a whistleblower.

> Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
> to post to various servers anonymously.
>
> They don't realize that the only reason that no one has
> tracked them down (or rather, bothered to do anything
> with that information) is that no one has any reason
> to do so: Trolls don't DO anything but run their
> ignorant mouths on the Internet.

Yes they do, they live under bridges......

> No one is going to take information that comes via
> an 'anonymous' email seriously. Unlike trolls, most
> people have functioning minds.

Actually, I'd tend to disagree with that. It's like saying that nobdy
takes what comes in an unsigned note seriously and law enforcement
organizations do that all the time.