Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Problem with IE

Problem with IE

beetrootsalad

"Clockmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4260e8dd$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "beetrootsalad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:yC48e.12976$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Brad Hogan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > "beetrootsalad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:MfV7e.12418$(E-Mail Removed)...

> stand

>> > what version of internet explorer ?
>> >
>> > maybe you could update it. IE 5.5 sp2 and ie 6.0 sp1 seem to have
>> > less
>> > problems.
>> >
>> > Or you could use firefox, for even less problems, except for

> incompatible
>> > sites that require IE (which are few , but maybe banks..)
>> >

>> > Have you installed sun java ? www.sun.com "get java".

>> Yes. I have Java.
>> >

> Is your modem always on?
>
> If so, try powering it down for a minute or two to reset it and see if
> that
> makes a difference.
>
> Have you tried my other suggestions?

Thanks. I turned all connections to Bigpond ADSL off and rebooted. Then
reconnected to Bigpond. Problem solved.

Thanks for taking the time for making suggestions.

Beetrootsalad

Clockmeister

"beetrootsalad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8no8e.14117$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Clockmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4260e8dd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "beetrootsalad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:yC48e.12976$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Brad Hogan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > stand

is

> > incompatible

> >> Yes. I have Java.
> >> >

> > Is your modem always on?
> >
> > If so, try powering it down for a minute or two to reset it and see if
> > that
> > makes a difference.
> >
> > Have you tried my other suggestions?
> >

> Thanks. I turned all connections to Bigpond ADSL off and rebooted. Then
> reconnected to Bigpond. Problem solved.
>
> Thanks for taking the time for making suggestions.

You're welcome.

Regards,

Clockmeister.

Brad Hogan

"beetrootsalad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MfV7e.12418$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have noticed recently that I often have to click on the link to a website
> two or more time before it opens. The first few attempts give the stand
> waring "The page cannot be displayed....."
>
> Along with this I am unable to open some links within sites. This is
> usually where the site has additional information or forms to be completed
> or demonstrations etc. The site starts to ope but then closes down. This
> always happens for the links that it occurs with.
>
> Any one have some tips on what I need to adjust to fix this problem.

Try emptying the cache.

Thats the solution for when you can only save pictures as bitmaps too !