Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re- directed Browser

Re- directed Browser

Michael Levengood

I have a desktop that wirelessly shares a connection on my home network. Of
late it refuses to connect to the set home page in IE or Firefox.

I notice when it tries to connect it attempts to connect to 65.54.211.90 and
then fails. I have been unable to figure out what this address is. If I stop
the connnection attempt and click home - either browser then connects to the
proper home page.

Does anyone know if this is an attempt to redirect my browser or how I might
fix this?

Jay Calvert

Michael Levengood wrote:
> I have a desktop that wirelessly shares a connection on my home network. Of
> late it refuses to connect to the set home page in IE or Firefox.
>
> I notice when it tries to connect it attempts to connect to 65.54.211.90 and
> then fails. I have been unable to figure out what this address is. If I stop
> the connnection attempt and click home - either browser then connects to the
> proper home page.
>
> Does anyone know if this is an attempt to redirect my browser or how I might
> fix this?

65.54.211.90 is registered to Microsoft and according to NetGeo
lookup,it is actually in Redmond, WA (Home of MS) and when browsing to
it, it comes up with a MSN error page. I wouldn't worry too much about
it because it is a legitimate site, However if something has changed
your default homepage, run HijackThis on your computer.

If you are unaware of HijackThis, check out a write up on my site:

http://habaneronetworks.com/viewArticle.php?ID=92

Jay Calvert
HabaneroNetworks.com

Directed to wrong website tab Computer Support 6 09-30-2005 03:23 PM
no ip-directed bioadcast help news.unisource.ch Cisco 2 10-11-2004 12:52 PM
no ip directed-broadcast Dave Ross Cisco 2 12-24-2003 05:38 AM
IP directed-broadcast VNTHOMAS Cisco 0 11-12-2003 05:29 PM
ip helper and ip directed broadcast help required ashley Cisco 2 07-22-2003 08:55 PM

Advertisments