Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Attack Question

Attack Question

Seong Oun Hwang

Is anyone aware of attacks that depend on knowing some information about the
control flow of
program execution? I'd like to get the (real) examples of these kinds of
attacks.

I'd appreciate any information (hints, references, etc.) related to this.

winged

Seong Oun Hwang wrote:
> Is anyone aware of attacks that depend on knowing some information about the
> control flow of
> program execution? I'd like to get the (real) examples of these kinds of
> attacks.
>
> I'd appreciate any information (hints, references, etc.) related to this.

You might find this useful.

http://csg.lcs.mit.edu/pubs/memos/Memo-467/memo467.pdf

Winged