Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > AVANT browser

AVANT browser

SteveB

"Dave Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've used Avant for ages now. No security issues that I have found, but a
> lot
> of incompatibilities with websites. Not enough for me to stop using it,
> but
> enough to need a copy of IE on hand.
>
> Yesterday I was trying to order some software from a website & couldn't
> for
> the life of me figure out how to add items to the shopping cart. Fired up
> IE
> & it showed the page quite differently, with 2 "Add to cart" buttons
> staring
> me in the face - not visible at all in Avant.
>
> Dave

Have you got ActiveX or scripts disabled?

Dave Baker

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 08:00:31 -0000, "SteveB" <sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:

>Have you got ActiveX or scripts disabled?

I've tried with & without & all combinations I can think of, but some things
just don't work. The Avant forum has some others reporting similar problems -
I guess they will get fixed sometime.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.

Avant Browser more secure than Firefox west488 Firefox 1 06-19-2005 07:13 PM
Avant Browser errors when clearing records ... T. Denford Computer Support 3 04-16-2005 07:26 PM
Avant browser and MyIE2 browser becoming increasingly popular. Issues? xyZed HTML 9 05-12-2004 09:50 AM
Avant Browser Sharon Computer Support 13 11-03-2003 09:23 PM
Avant browser and AdShield Computer Support 0 11-02-2003 08:42 PM

Advertisments