Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Spybot S &D error

Spybot S &D error

Earl

Hello. Downloaded Spybpt S&D on my windows 98. When done a error box
comes up saying"the parameter is incorrect". Click ok and parts of
spybot box shows and locks. Cannot click anywhere so shut pc down. Works
fine on my other computer so what wrong ?.

donnie

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:00:36 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Earl) wrote:

>Hello. Downloaded Spybpt S&D on my windows 98. When done a error box
>comes up saying"the parameter is incorrect". Click ok and parts of
>spybot box shows and locks. Cannot click anywhere so shut pc down. Works
>fine on my other computer so what wrong ?.

########################
Do you have any Norton products running on that PC? Stop Norton from
one with that error but noone seems to have the answer.
donnie.

Earl

Do not have Norton, just Spysweeper and Advast.

donnie

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:05:49 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Earl) wrote:

>Do not have Norton, just Spysweeper and Advast.

############################
Boot to safe mode and see what happens.
donnie.

Earl

On both of my computers it works in safe mode but in normal if i click
on update it locks up pc. May have to dump and find another program.

winged

Earl wrote:
> On both of my computers it works in safe mode but in normal if i click
> on update it locks up pc. May have to dump and find another program.

There is some spyware, if it is already on the machine with a running
process that can cause this behavior. Get Process Explorer and take a
look at your running processes. If you find a bad process kill it. You
can google the process name if you find one you are unsure about though
the location can also provide clues. You will find no single spyware
package finds everything. I suspect you have one of these. I know
www,coolsearch.com spyware is one of those packages that I have seen
exhibit this behavior.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../procexp.shtml

Winged

Spybot Error? Muse Gruppes Computer Support 15 08-10-2006 03:59 AM
Worm\Spybot (P2P-Worm.Win32.SpyBot.a) Danny Computer Information 0 08-14-2005 01:09 PM
Spybot error with hijackers.sbi file Jane Computer Security 1 07-09-2005 08:16 PM
Spybot/ERROR aretired Computer Support 4 10-27-2004 06:37 PM
worm/spybot.17.t (worm spybot 17t) detected by AVG code_wrong Computer Security 0 05-15-2004 04:40 PM

Advertisments