Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > SonicWall SOHO TZW Access Rule Help

SonicWall SOHO TZW Access Rule Help

Donald Ramer

Hello,

This firewall only has 2 ports & doesn't support DMZ per se & as a result, I
need a little advice.

I need to add another WAN TCP/IP number pointing to an LAN TCP/IP number for
Remote Desktop Purposes.

I've added the WAN ip to the routing table under the network section.

I've also added an access rule under the firewall section pointing this
external ip to the internal ip address & so far no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Don

donnie

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:09:57 GMT, "Donald Ramer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This firewall only has 2 ports & doesn't support DMZ per se & as a result, I
>need a little advice.

##########################
Stop right there. Do you mean the router only has two ports?
You'll have to explain the setup a little better.
donnie

Donald Ramer

Donnie,

Yes, you are correct. It has only 2 ports.

Thanks for your help.

Don
"donnie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:09:57 GMT, "Donald Ramer"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>This firewall only has 2 ports & doesn't support DMZ per se & as a result,
>>need a little advice.

> ##########################
> Stop right there. Do you mean the router only has two ports?
> You'll have to explain the setup a little better.
> donnie

donnie

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:15:22 GMT, "Donald Ramer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Donnie,
>
>Yes, you are correct. It has only 2 ports.
>
>Thanks for your help.

########################
Ok, can you afford a better router?
donnie.

Donald Ramer

Donnie,

I'm just a consultant to this company. Already tried to get them to buy
something better. They refused, have to make this work somehow.

Thanks in advance.
Don Ramer
"donnie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:15:22 GMT, "Donald Ramer"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Donnie,
>>
>>Yes, you are correct. It has only 2 ports.
>>
>>Thanks for your help.

> ########################
> Ok, can you afford a better router?
> donnie.

joelevy@gmail.com

Anytime you want to access something on your LAN from the internet, the
preferred approach would be to use a VPN. Sonicwall provides a VPN
client called GVC for this purpose:
http://help.mysonicwall.com/applications/vpnclient/

If you don't want to use a VPN, the TZW has a Public Server wizard to
help you do what you are trying. See page 137 of the Admin Guide
(http://www.sonicwall.com/services/pd...dminGuide.pdf).
Basically, to launch the wizard, click System, and then Wizards, and
then Network Access Rules. Pretty self explanatory from there. More TZW
specific docs can be found at
http://www.sonicwall.com/services/so...mentation.html
Hope that helps.

Donald Ramer

Hello,

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),

Your reply was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again & Best regards,
Don

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...