Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Sygate Firewall

Sygate Firewall

ROBERT S AMP BA Drake

Someone on this newsgroup recommended Sygate as a firewall and I thought I
would try it on my test machine. I downloaded Sygate as a file,
disconnected from the network, uninstalled Zone Alarm, and installed Sygate.
I clicked on the Sygate .exe and nothing apparently happened. I reviewed
the Sygate help file and it said that a control panel should come up - it
didn't.

Any ideas?

donnie

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:29:06 GMT, "ROBERT S AMP BA Drake"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Someone on this newsgroup recommended Sygate as a firewall and I thought I
>would try it on my test machine. I downloaded Sygate as a file,
>disconnected from the network, uninstalled Zone Alarm, and installed Sygate.
>I clicked on the Sygate .exe and nothing apparently happened. I reviewed
>the Sygate help file and it said that a control panel should come up - it
>didn't.
>
>Any ideas?

Was the d/l corrupted? Did you get if from a mirror?
donoli.

Rodney Kelp

Never heard of that problem, your file must be broken.