Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Clamwin V AVG/Avast/AntiVir etc

Clamwin V AVG/Avast/AntiVir etc

Sue Doo Nym

Have just discovered Clamwin and am giving it a try. How does it compare to the
other freeware anti virus programs does anyone know? There doesn't seem to be much
about it regarding comparisons. I do believe it is very good with Unix users.

--
He said, "It is finished." Not, "I am finished."

Robsten

Sue Doo Nym skrev:
> Have just discovered Clamwin and am giving it a try. How does it compare to the
> other freeware anti virus programs does anyone know? There doesn't seem to be much
> about it regarding comparisons. I do believe it is very good with Unix users.

Maybee, but with windows its Antivir who is the best, and it,s getting
better and better.

--
Robban Stenkvist
http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/

Sue Doo Nym

In article <kdzGd.127814$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) the amazing Robsten says...
> Sue Doo Nym skrev:
> > Have just discovered Clamwin and am giving it a try. How does it compare to the
> > other freeware anti virus programs does anyone know? There doesn't seem to be much
> > about it regarding comparisons. I do believe it is very good with Unix users.
> >

> Maybee, but with windows its Antivir who is the best, and it,s getting
> better and better.

I tried Antivir but everytime it updates it updates the whole program. Not an ideal
situation. Antivir should just be like the rest and make signature files
--

Sue Doo Nym skrev:
> In article <kdzGd.127814$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) the amazing Robsten says...
>
>>Sue Doo Nym skrev:
>>
>>>Have just discovered Clamwin and am giving it a try. How does it compare to the
>>>other freeware anti virus programs does anyone know? There doesn't seem to be much
>>>about it regarding comparisons. I do believe it is very good with Unix users.
>>>

>>Maybee, but with windows its Antivir who is the best, and it,s getting
>>better and better.
>>

> I tried Antivir but everytime it updates it updates the whole program. Not an ideal
> situation. Antivir should just be like the rest and make signature files

Once a mounth they update the whole program, once a day they update the
singfile, sometimes they update a dll or the scan enige. If you have a
fast wire to the net, no problem. Update in the mornings europetime, in
the evening sometimes it can bee problem.

--
Robban Stenkvist
http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/
http://web.comhem.se/~u85329080/indexB.htm
http://robsten.blogspot.com/

Sue Doo Nym

In article <wAzGd.14433$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) the amazing Robsten says...

Once a mounth they update the whole program, once a day they update the
singfile, sometimes they update a dll or the scan enige. If you have a
fast wire to the net, no problem. Update in the mornings europetime, in
the evening sometimes it can bee problem.

I have a dial up which is why it takes longer than broadband. How do you think
AntiVir compares with the new AVG7?

Robsten

Sue Doo Nym skrev:
> In article <wAzGd.14433$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) the amazing Robsten says...
>
> Once a mounth they update the whole program, once a day they update the
> singfile, sometimes they update a dll or the scan enige. If you have a
> fast wire to the net, no problem. Update in the mornings europetime, in
> the evening sometimes it can bee problem.
>

> I have a dial up which is why it takes longer than broadband. How do you think
> AntiVir compares with the new AVG7?

I think Antivir is better but with Antivir you should have broadband, if
you have dial up AVG is a alternative, at least untill you have broadband.

--
Robban Stenkvist
http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/
http://web.comhem.se/~u85329080/indexB.htm
http://robsten.blogspot.com/

Nick Roberts

Robsten <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I think Antivir is better but with Antivir you should have broadband, if
> you have dial up AVG is a alternative, at least untill you have broadband.

I recommend AntiVir. (Yes, I have broadband.)

--
Nick Roberts

Robsten

Nick Roberts skrev:
> Robsten <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I think Antivir is better but with Antivir you should have broadband, if
>>you have dial up AVG is a alternative, at least untill you have broadband.

> I recommend AntiVir. (Yes, I have broadband.)

Yes, best in freeware-test. (and better than a bunch of payprogram too.)

--
Robban Stenkvist
http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/
http://web.comhem.se/~u85329080/indexB.htm
http://robsten.blogspot.com/

Sue Doo Nym

In article <RqTGd.14517$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) the amazing Robsten says...
> Nick Roberts skrev:
> > Robsten <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

....but with Antivir you should have broadband.....

Guess I will stick with AVG for now then. Unfortunately unless the prices
come down to the same as dial up I will be in this situation for a
while
--
He said, "It is finished." Not, "I am finished."