Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Happy New Year Virus

Happy New Year Virus

Jay Calvert

Sophos, a leading antivirus firm is reporting of a new mass mailing
virus that is currently making the rounds. The virus, tagged
W32/Wurmark-D is cirulated via email and contains the virus attached as
a file.

The difference with this virus is that once the attachment is executed,
an image is displayed spelling out the words 'HAPPY NEW YEAR' in naked
bodies. But, while the user is viewing the image, their antivirus
software is trying to be disabled and the virus is scanning the system
for further email addresses to send itself to.

More information can be found at http://habaneronetworks.com

--
Jay

Martin

Jay Calvert wrote:
> Sophos, a leading antivirus firm is reporting of a new mass mailing
> virus that is currently making the rounds. The virus, tagged
> W32/Wurmark-D is cirulated via email and contains the virus attached as
> a file.
>
> The difference with this virus is that once the attachment is executed,
> an image is displayed spelling out the words 'HAPPY NEW YEAR' in naked
> bodies. But, while the user is viewing the image, their antivirus
> software is trying to be disabled and the virus is scanning the system
> for further email addresses to send itself to.
>

> More information can be found at http://habaneronetworks.com
>
> --
> Jay

well excuse me. I'm not going to look at that link. If you are quoting
Sophos (to be said my favourite AV s/w) as having the infomation I would
expect to see a web address such as

www.sophos.com/somelink/someotherlink

then again I might use a unix box to look at the link

Maybe you meant this one?

http://sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/wurmarkd.html

I'm disappointed that you are posting to an alleged security group and
do something like you did with a link to an unknown site posted by an
unknown source.

Oh, it's not new either but then the main posting seemed to originate
from microsoft.public.security (my anticipation is running wild with
mircosoft and security in the same address) .virus

hohum

donnie

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:35:09 +0000 (UTC), Martin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm disappointed that you are posting to an alleged security group

I like that, an alleged security group. It could be that we are
really a bunch of crackers. Actually, if you need a some hacked FTP
accounts, let me know.
donnie.

Jim Watt

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:52:50 GMT, donnie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>I'm disappointed that you are posting to an alleged security group

>I like that, an alleged security group. It could be that we are
>really a bunch of crackers.

Is that an implied suggestion of insanity ?

The virus sounds more fun than happy 99
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Adrian Pavone

"Jim Watt" <(E-Mail Removed)_way> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The virus sounds more fun than happy 99
> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

I knew it sounded familiar, and wasn't a new idea. You just reminded me of
where. Good old happy. Before my days as a hacker (yes hacker, not cracker),
I was still a internet noob at the time.

Thanks Jim,
Adrian

Happy New Year JohnCena MCSD 0 01-11-2006 12:49 PM
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! GuitarMan Wireless Networking 0 01-01-2006 12:43 PM
Happy New Year JohnCena MCSD 0 12-31-2005 04:50 PM
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year! Jay Wireless Networking 1 12-24-2005 09:49 PM
Happy New Year BSoD Microsoft Certification 4 01-02-2004 09:22 AM

Advertisments