Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > DIFFERENT MAGNETIC MEDIA IN DATA ARCHAVING

DIFFERENT MAGNETIC MEDIA IN DATA ARCHAVING

sam

I have to keep large archives, I m preoccupied by detoriation with time.
What are the different magnetic media existing in data'archiving?

ThanK You.

Interfecus

On 9 Jan 2005 10:02:58 -0800, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have to keep large archives, I ‘m preoccupied by detoriation with time.
> What are the different magnetic media existing in data'archiving?
>
> ThanK You.

If you're preoccupied with detierioration over time and have to store a
lot, wouldn't properly stored DVDs be better than magnetic media?

Jim Watt

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:05:48 +1300, Interfecus <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 9 Jan 2005 10:02:58 -0800, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have to keep large archives, I m preoccupied by detoriation with time.
>> What are the different magnetic media existing in data'archiving?
>>
>> ThanK You.

>If you're preoccupied with detierioration over time and have to store a
>lot, wouldn't properly stored DVDs be better than magnetic media?

Problem is nobody knows how they will fare over time.

Long term storage is a problem.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com