Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > ITIL & Corporate Network Security

ITIL & Corporate Network Security

Ian Manning

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now, so a big "Hi" to all
regulars / other lurkers.

As part of my job, I'm interested in moving towards ITIL certification
in the Security Management area. (ie as
http://www.exin-exams.com/default.asp?model=korteinfo&mod=ITSECM.EN&catid=&m enuid={B82278C4-6DFF-43C4-994C-E5FF23183E3D}&pgroup=ITIL
) Does anyone here have experience in this area?

Specifically I would like to know:

* Book reccomendations outside those set out on the linked page
* Alternative certification routes that possibly cover the same area in
"better" ways.

Thanks in advance,

Ian Manning

bowgus

I'm not certified so don't consider myself qualified to recommend ... but
.... SANS offers an alternative ... here's a link to get you started ...
http://www.giac.org/interview/Don_Murdoch.php

news:6n_Bd.720$(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.exin-exams.com/default.as...CM.EN&catid=&m
enuid={B82278C4-6DFF-43C4-994C-E5FF23183E3D}&pgroup=ITIL
> ) Does anyone here have experience in this area?
>
> Specifically I would like to know:
>
> * Book reccomendations outside those set out on the linked page
> * Alternative certification routes that possibly cover the same area in
> "better" ways.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ian Manning

Ian Manning

bowgus wrote:
> I'm not certified so don't consider myself qualified to recommend ... but
> ... SANS offers an alternative ... here's a link to get you started ...
> http://www.giac.org/interview/Don_Murdoch.php

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking of - I really want to have
an idea of what's out there. If it matters, perhaps I should add that
I'm in the uk.