Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > BAM for Linux, Solaris and Tru/64

BAM for Linux, Solaris and Tru/64

bella@sectools.com

BAM - Bell's Account Manager

Guarantee the passwords for new accounts are reset within
a configurable standard "grace period", or the new account
is automagically locked.

BAM is FREE SOFTWARE - no payment is requested or expected.

GPL'ed "C" source is included in the tarball. The code is
currently set up to compile under Linux, Solaris and Tru/64.

If you port the code to any other *NIX operating systems,
I'd sincerely appreciate you EMAIL'ing a copy of the ported
code to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

BAM solves a long standing UNIX/Linux security related issue.

BAM can be found at www.sectools.com - enjoy!

NOTE: This is NOT spam. I'm NOT asking for anything from
you - period. There is NO advertising on www.sectools.com
(this is by intention) and I won't make any $$'s if you come
by for a visit.

Please DON'T send me any money - I have enough problems.
If you simply feel you must, make a contribution to your own
favorite charity.

If you are deeply enough into UNIX security to understand
why this software is so cool, and can grok the essence of
the 35 year old UNIX problem it solves, and you want this free
software, then come get it.

If you don't understand and don't want it...

that's just fine with me too.

Regards and Happy New Year 2005,

/ab

No way as way, no limitation as limitation. - Bruce Lee

EDOOD

Do you give the source code as well? I am not sure I would trust a binary
distribution to someone that posts FREE software on a public usenet group.
While I may be believe that this is legit, why would someone give something
away for free?? It kind of goes against nature, if you know what I
mean..."Here, download this security software, and you will never have
another problem in your life". I am still holding on to my Ginsu Knives
with the "Lifetime" Warranty. I am going to hold on to them until I am
about 90, and then abuse the hell out of them, and then go get my "Laser
Ginsu" knife in the year 2048. Hope the company is still there then!!!

Good Luck.