Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > zone alarm prob

zone alarm prob

Christo

programs i have i am selecting to remember my decision with things such as
opera, outlook and kazaa lite

however ZA doesnt seem to be remembering this after a re boot?

can anyone shed any light as to why?

phoenix

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:21:22 -0000, Christo wrote:

> programs i have i am selecting to remember my decision with things such as
> opera, outlook and kazaa lite
>
> however ZA doesnt seem to be remembering this after a re boot?
>
> can anyone shed any light as to why?

You have a corrupted rules database (are you on an older version of ZA by
any chance?). What you need to do is uncheck the 'Load ZA at startup'
option and reboot your PC. Next, delete all the files in the \Internet Logs
directory (under you \Windows dir) you can keep any *.txt log files you may
need. When you've done that restart ZA and let it create the rules DB
again, you'll have to authorise all your programs again or put ZA in Learn
mode for a couple of days. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA....' so it
starts when you boot.

HTH

Merry Christmas

Bill

suryah

Have you tried the ZA forum?
www.forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

"Christo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> programs i have i am selecting to remember my decision with things such as
> opera, outlook and kazaa lite
>
> however ZA doesnt seem to be remembering this after a re boot?
>
> can anyone shed any light as to why?

Christo

"phoenix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:21:22 -0000, Christo wrote:
>
>> programs i have i am selecting to remember my decision with things such
>> as
>> opera, outlook and kazaa lite
>>
>> however ZA doesnt seem to be remembering this after a re boot?
>>
>> can anyone shed any light as to why?

> You have a corrupted rules database (are you on an older version of ZA by
> any chance?). What you need to do is uncheck the 'Load ZA at startup'
> option and reboot your PC. Next, delete all the files in the \Internet
> Logs
> directory (under you \Windows dir) you can keep any *.txt log files you
> may
> need. When you've done that restart ZA and let it create the rules DB
> again, you'll have to authorise all your programs again or put ZA in Learn
> mode for a couple of days. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA....' so it
> starts when you boot.
>
> HTH
>
> Merry Christmas
>
> Bill

Thanks that seems to have worked

Gualtier Malde (Chuck)

suryah wrote:

> Have you tried the ZA forum?
> www.forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

Actually, it appears that the link above will not work because there's a
type of EUA as gatekeeper. The Forum can be reached at www.zonelabs.com
and click on Services and Support on the left of the screen and the
forum is in one of the lists that you get.