Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Terrifying results from online test

Terrifying results from online test

spamme2@mailinator.com

I did this test, which simulates an unknown Trojan attack on a windoze
computer. The program successfully bypasses my beloved (and well
configured) Kerio firewall. It also evades my universities hardware
firewall, which is configured very well (the admins are the block all
apart from port 80 type )
Check out PCAudit from http://www.pcinternetpatrol.com/page/view/49
The program works by causing applications that have the privileges to
connect to the internet to upload data to their server.
I thought I would be safe because I configure kerio so it only permits
outbound connections to IP addresses of the resources that I connect
to, for example smtpserver:25, nntpserver:119, pop3server:110 and
proxy:8080
PCAudit appears to scan its way out. Even when I click deny it gets
through!
The company behind PCAudit have publicised a vulnerability that affects
almost all firewalls. Their PCAudit program could easily be reverse
engineered by crackers, and then a real and more malicious Trojan could
be produced that bypasses almost all firewalls.

What do you guys think of this? Did you pass the test (without
unplugging your internet wire/blocking all traffic Lol)?

Michael J. Pelletier

> I did this test, which simulates an unknown Trojan attack on a windoze
> computer. The program successfully bypasses my beloved (and well
> configured) Kerio firewall. It also evades my universities hardware
> firewall, which is configured very well (the admins are the block all
> apart from port 80 type )
> Check out PCAudit from http://www.pcinternetpatrol.com/page/view/49
> The program works by causing applications that have the privileges to
> connect to the internet to upload data to their server.
> I thought I would be safe because I configure kerio so it only permits
> outbound connections to IP addresses of the resources that I connect
> to, for example smtpserver:25, nntpserver:119, pop3server:110 and
> proxy:8080
> PCAudit appears to scan its way out. Even when I click deny it gets
> through!
> The company behind PCAudit have publicised a vulnerability that affects
> almost all firewalls. Their PCAudit program could easily be reverse
> engineered by crackers, and then a real and more malicious Trojan could
> be produced that bypasses almost all firewalls.
>
> What do you guys think of this? Did you pass the test (without
> unplugging your internet wire/blocking all traffic Lol)?

What makes you think this forum should be used to sell your products?
Spammer!

Michael J. Pelletier

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I did this test, which simulates an unknown Trojan attack on a windoze
> computer. The program successfully bypasses my beloved (and well
> configured) Kerio firewall. It also evades my universities hardware
> firewall, which is configured very well (the admins are the block all
> apart from port 80 type )
> Check out PCAudit from http://www.pcinternetpatrol.com/page/view/49
> The program works by causing applications that have the privileges to
> connect to the internet to upload data to their server.
> I thought I would be safe because I configure kerio so it only permits
> outbound connections to IP addresses of the resources that I connect
> to, for example smtpserver:25, nntpserver:119, pop3server:110 and
> proxy:8080
> PCAudit appears to scan its way out. Even when I click deny it gets
> through!
> The company behind PCAudit have publicised a vulnerability that affects
> almost all firewalls. Their PCAudit program could easily be reverse
> engineered by crackers, and then a real and more malicious Trojan could
> be produced that bypasses almost all firewalls.
>
> What do you guys think of this? Did you pass the test (without
> unplugging your internet wire/blocking all traffic Lol)?

THIS PRODUCT INSTALLS SPYWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!