Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > clarkconnect good ?

clarkconnect good ?

Erik

Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
Is it good form management and security ?

I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.

Which linux does Clark use ?

fr gr
Erik

Jim Watt

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:07:16 +0100, Erik <> wrote:

>Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
>Is it good form management and security ?
>
>I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.
>
>Which linux does Clark use ?
>

>fr gr
>Erik

I ran it for a day and it looked promising, but I'm not a
linux person. It had plenty of features and was friendly
- not on the server but on the remote console BTW.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Hairy One Kenobi

<Erik> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
> Is it good form management and security ?
>
> I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.
>
> Which linux does Clark use ?

The version I used was based on (then current) Red Hat.

Used it happily for a while, but came to grief trying to persuade it to
handle an FTP server that I needed temporarily. It was replaced in.. uhh..
maybe 2001 with a Netgear/Zyxel router.

It's quite a nice SoHo solution, for people who don't want to get their
hands dirty. Under the bonnet ["hood"] it's pure RH, the main difference
being that updates actually.. update.

--

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

Erik

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:09:03 GMT, "Hairy One Kenobi"
<abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

><Erik> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
>> Is it good form management and security ?
>>
>> I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.
>>
>> Which linux does Clark use ?

>The version I used was based on (then current) Red Hat.
>
>Used it happily for a while, but came to grief trying to persuade it to
>handle an FTP server that I needed temporarily. It was replaced in.. uhh..
>maybe 2001 with a Netgear/Zyxel router.
>
>It's quite a nice SoHo solution, for people who don't want to get their
>hands dirty. Under the bonnet ["hood"] it's pure RH, the main difference
>being that updates actually.. update.

Thank you both for your reply.

I was thinking, since it is pure RH Linux:
What CC does, is it just setting the config files for Apache, samba,
postfix etc. ?
And could I use those config files to learn how to set my current
server config files ?
Since I now have a well running IPtables, Apache, Samba, but postfix
gives me trouble...

fr gr
Erik

Hairy One Kenobi

<Erik> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:09:03 GMT, "Hairy One Kenobi"
> <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
>
> ><Erik> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
> >> Is it good form management and security ?
> >>
> >> I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.
> >>
> >> Which linux does Clark use ?

> >The version I used was based on (then current) Red Hat.
> >
> >Used it happily for a while, but came to grief trying to persuade it to
> >handle an FTP server that I needed temporarily. It was replaced in..

uhh..
> >maybe 2001 with a Netgear/Zyxel router.
> >
> >It's quite a nice SoHo solution, for people who don't want to get their
> >hands dirty. Under the bonnet ["hood"] it's pure RH, the main difference
> >being that updates actually.. update.

> Thank you both for your reply.
>
> I was thinking, since it is pure RH Linux:
> What CC does, is it just setting the config files for Apache, samba,
> postfix etc. ?
> And could I use those config files to learn how to set my current
> server config files ?
> Since I now have a well running IPtables, Apache, Samba, but postfix
> gives me trouble...

I would think so. The integration's quite nice - SAMBA for updating the
website, etc. You might even find that you can copy the HTML GUI to your
existing box and get it working..

HTH

H1K