Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Help needed....... again

Help needed....... again

jackmehoff

Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.
Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it keeps
coming back to tell me to re-type my password.
I have 3 hotmail accounts and it does it to all of them.
There is nothing wrong with the accounts or passwords as they work just fine
on any other computer.
I have set all my options to default.
All my other passwords for other acc work fine its just hotmail on this
computer.

Thanks in advance.

ToYKillAS

jackmehoff wrote:
> Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.
> Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it keeps
> coming back to tell me to re-type my password.

try another browser, firefox, mozilla, opera..

--
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

Sam Witch

"jackmehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:20041203012525.224$(E-Mail Removed):

> Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me
> with. Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it
> keeps coming back to tell me to re-type my password.
> I have 3 hotmail accounts and it does it to all of them.
> There is nothing wrong with the accounts or passwords as they work
> just fine on any other computer.
> I have set all my options to default.
> All my other passwords for other acc work fine its just hotmail on
> this computer.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Allow cookies

jackmehoff

"Sam Witch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "jackmehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:20041203012525.224$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me
>> with. Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it
>> keeps coming back to tell me to re-type my password.
>> I have 3 hotmail accounts and it does it to all of them.
>> There is nothing wrong with the accounts or passwords as they work
>> just fine on any other computer.
>> I have set all my options to default.
>> All my other passwords for other acc work fine its just hotmail on
>> this computer.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> Allow cookies

Done that did not work.

jackmehoff

"ToYKillAS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41b042b1$0$969$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> jackmehoff wrote:
>> Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.
>> Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it keeps
>> coming back to tell me to re-type my password.

> try another browser, firefox, mozilla, opera..

Yup thats what I am going to do. Thanks.

winged

It is just a hunch but are you using IE? Hotmail uses an https session
for the login process. Try going to Tools/Internet options. Select
advanced tab. Here is where it gets tricky as Microsoft, depending on
the browser version, under the security area has a selection to save
encrypted pages to disk. If I remember right in 5.5 it must be checked.
In Version 6.x of IE it is unchecked. Also ensure use ssl 2.0 and 3.0
is checked.

It also "might" be related to a proxy setting. Do you use a proxy or
are you using a product "like" promoxitron? If so take a look at
whether your https pages are configured to route through the proxy or
bypass the local proxy.

With the information provided it is difficult to diagnose but these are
my first guesses. Additionally on Win2K + machines there are several
services which must be on (not disabled) for cryptographic services to
operate.

I have also seen a coolwwwsearch compromise that uses an activeX control
in the winsock layer that, if the compromise does not install properly,
can break cryptographic services.

If this don't work, come back with the browser version and OS and
service pack.

In any case the advice to use another browser (any other browser
according to CERT) is very good advice. If your new other browser don't
work, I would examine cryptographic services and the winsock.

Regards,
Winged

jackmehoff wrote:
> "Sam Witch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>"jackmehoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:20041203012525.224$(E-Mail Removed) :
>>

>>>Okay so I have another problem that I am hoping someone can help me
>>>with. Every time I try to log on to my hotmail acc from my computer it
>>>keeps coming back to tell me to re-type my password.
>>>I have 3 hotmail accounts and it does it to all of them.
>>>There is nothing wrong with the accounts or passwords as they work
>>>just fine on any other computer.
>>>I have set all my options to default.
>>>All my other passwords for other acc work fine its just hotmail on
>>>this computer.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance.
>>>

>>Allow cookies

> Done that did not work.

server not found, try again over and over again- help Bill Penney Firefox 1 07-31-2011 08:10 AM
Again??? AGAIN???? NYC XYZ Firefox 4 04-23-2006 12:23 PM
HttpSession gets generated again and again!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!! che Java 2 10-10-2005 10:20 PM
jserve booting again and again amit Java 0 10-02-2003 04:26 PM
IMPORTANT! Changes to your Cable Internet Service (again & again) Charlie Computer Support 4 07-17-2003 01:18 AM

Advertisments