Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > RSA Decryption

RSA Decryption

Thorben Grosser

Hy folks,

I have been posed a question, and as i didn't get much out of google, I
am asking you wheather you would help me to solve this problem:

Nathaly wants to communicate to Daniel an important number, as well as
she decides to encrypt this number using the RSA Encyption. She sends
her the "message" (crypted): 7108707851160700458
Daniels Public key is:
- module N = 17401143680338538557
- exponent e = 65537
Surely, those numbers are too small to be confident. Findthe private
exponent of daniel and the number crypted by Nathaly.

can anyone help me out of this mess?

lloooots of thanks in advance
so long
Thorben

Mxsmanic

Thorben Grosser writes:

> Hy folks,
>
> I have been posed a question, and as i didn't get much out of google, I
> am asking you wheather you would help me to solve this problem:
>
> Nathaly wants to communicate to Daniel an important number, as well as
> she decides to encrypt this number using the RSA Encyption. She sends
> her the "message" (crypted): 7108707851160700458
> Daniels Public key is:
> - module N = 17401143680338538557
> - exponent e = 65537
> Surely, those numbers are too small to be confident. Findthe private
> exponent of daniel and the number crypted by Nathaly.
>
> can anyone help me out of this mess?

If d = the decryption exponent, then

1. Factor N into p and q.
2. Knowing that de = 1 mod ((p-1)(q-1)), solve for d.

The modulus in this case is quite small, so you should be able to factor
it without too much trouble.

yer mammy

plaintext: 864258521679854265

Thorben Grosser wrote:
> Hy folks,
>
> I have been posed a question, and as i didn't get much out of google, I
> am asking you wheather you would help me to solve this problem:
>
> Nathaly wants to communicate to Daniel an important number, as well as
> she decides to encrypt this number using the RSA Encyption. She sends
> her the "message" (crypted): 7108707851160700458
> Daniels Public key is:
> - module N = 17401143680338538557
> - exponent e = 65537
> Surely, those numbers are too small to be confident. Findthe private
> exponent of daniel and the number crypted by Nathaly.
>
> can anyone help me out of this mess?
>
> lloooots of thanks in advance
> so long
> Thorben

pycrypto rsa string decryption joblack Python 0 07-22-2010 05:47 PM
Calculating RSA Decryption Key DarkProtoman C++ 9 08-02-2006 09:08 PM
Implementing .net RSA on the server *and* JavaScript RSA on the client gg ASP .Net 0 11-18-2004 10:29 PM
RSA Decryption in VC++ novice C++ 0 08-16-2003 04:15 AM
database connection string encryption and decryption Srinivasa Reddy K Ganji ASP .Net 1 07-18-2003 11:30 AM

Advertisments