Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Anti-keylogger?

Anti-keylogger?

J.Smith

What is the best anti-keylogger utility out there for win2K?
Best free one?

Thanks!

David H. Lipman

AVAST - http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html - FREE
AVG - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE
CA eTrust - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
{ Free offer ends 2/1/05 }

Dave

"J.Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fkAkd.7423$(E-Mail Removed) ...
| What is the best anti-keylogger utility out there for win2K?
| Best free one?
|
| Thanks!

DJ

David H. Lipman wrote:
> AVAST - http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html - FREE
> AVG - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE
> CA eTrust - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
> { Free offer ends 2/1/05 }

that are anti-virus software.. exist maby only anti-keyloger software?

David H. Lipman

Key loggers are Trojans and are covered by them.

Dave

"DJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:tzPkd.5517$(E-Mail Removed)...
| David H. Lipman wrote:
| > AVAST - http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html - FREE
| > AVG - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE
| > CA eTrust - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
| > { Free offer ends 2/1/05 }
|
| that are anti-virus software.. exist maby only anti-keyloger software?

Timothy Goddard

Get programs such as Spybot S&D and AdAware and run a scan on a regular
basis. You'd be surprised how much you'll find. Some computers even have
mild spyware on them when they come from the manufacturer.

"DJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tzPkd.5517$(E-Mail Removed)...
> David H. Lipman wrote:
> > AVAST - http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html - FREE
> > AVG - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE
> > CA eTrust - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one

year.
> > { Free offer ends 2/1/05 }

> that are anti-virus software.. exist maby only anti-keyloger software?

David H. Lipman

Or from your ISP.

Dave

"Timothy Goddard" <interfecus@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FuQkd.558$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Get programs such as Spybot S&D and AdAware and run a scan on a regular
| basis. You'd be surprised how much you'll find. Some computers even have
| mild spyware on them when they come from the manufacturer.

donnie

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:01:07 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>Key loggers are Trojans and are covered by them.
>
>Dave

######################
I certainly wouldn't depend on Norton to find a keystroke logger.
Look in the registry.
donnie

David H. Lipman

Which hive Donnie ?

Dave

"donnie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:01:07 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
|
| >Key loggers are Trojans and are covered by them.
| >
| >Dave
| ######################
| I certainly wouldn't depend on Norton to find a keystroke logger.
| Look in the registry.
| donnie

J.Smith

Already using both of them, but they don't detect keyloggers, as far as I
know.
Thanks, anyway.

> Get programs such as Spybot S&D and AdAware and run a scan on a regular
> basis. You'd be surprised how much you'll find. Some computers even have
> mild spyware on them when they come from the manufacturer.

J.Smith

> >Key loggers are Trojans and are covered by them.
> >
> >Dave

> ######################
> I certainly wouldn't depend on Norton to find a keystroke logger.
> Look in the registry.

If not Norton, which AV soft can (is most efficent at) detect/remove
keyloggers?
I didn't know that AV can detect keyloggers. Thanks, Dave, for that info.

However, I agree with Donnie, that Norton can't detect/remove keyloggers.
One aquaintance of mine had a keylogger, and Norton was not able to even
detect it, and neither did Panda (online ver.). I don't know exactly what
kind of keylogger it was, but it was sending user's keystrokes to some IP
address.

Thanks!