Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Is your data really secure?

Is your data really secure?

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> Its quite amazing to me that you people can be so rude about people
> exposing their products on the groups.

"Exposing" your product, or any product for which the poster receives
some form of gain, is called SPAM and is against the charter. Any
computer professional would already know this as well as any person with
ethics. Posting to non-forsale groups is considered SPAM and in bad
taste in the Usenet community, it's always been in bad taste.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Anonymous

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:26:36 -0500, Josh Mandell <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I think you might be surprised what a no knock warrant might allow the
>feebs to get if they want.
>
>Any file and markers must be properly shredded. Keep data you do not
>want "found" on data sticks that are very well blended into their
>surroundings when hidden.

what is a data stick?

Leythos

In article <419209be$1_2@127.0.0.1>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> In your opinion.

No, actually it's in most Usenet FAQ's, been an accepted Policy since
the 80's, and has in most ISP's Acceptable Use Policy documents.

Just like top-posting a reply - it's not the norm in Usenet groups in
general.

> Leythos wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >
> > "Exposing" your product, or any product for which the poster receives
> > some form of gain, is called SPAM and is against the charter. Any
> > computer professional would already know this as well as any person with
> > ethics. Posting to non-forsale groups is considered SPAM and in bad
> > taste in the Usenet community, it's always been in bad taste.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Josh Mandell

In your opinion.

Leythos wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
> "Exposing" your product, or any product for which the poster receives
> some form of gain, is called SPAM and is against the charter. Any
> computer professional would already know this as well as any person with
> ethics. Posting to non-forsale groups is considered SPAM and in bad
> taste in the Usenet community, it's always been in bad taste.

Josh Mandell

A small USB disk drive thats smaller than a bic lighter, in fact I have
one installed in a Bic lighter you pull the top off the lighter to
expose the USB plug to plug into a USB port.

Anonymous wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:26:36 -0500, Josh Mandell <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>I think you might be surprised what a no knock warrant might allow the
>>feebs to get if they want.
>>
>>Any file and markers must be properly shredded. Keep data you do not
>>want "found" on data sticks that are very well blended into their
>>surroundings when hidden.
>>

> what is a data stick?

Apollo

"Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hello all,
>
> I read this post.
>
> Its quite amazing to me that you people can be so rude about people
> exposing their products on the groups. I have been a security
> professional.......

also called chadwick and have posted from 24.98.172.184....

> all my life and have even used DocuShred. Its a great
> product and definitely gets the job done. It seems to me that you
> guys have nothing better to do but to stay up late at night and slam
> "so called" spammers. Why don't you just get a life! And watch
> your language on the free Internet How about that!
>
> Best,
> Cindy - MCSE, MCSD

iplomŽ

"Chadwick" & "Cathy" appear to be posting from the same ip address. What
are the chances of that?