Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 500GB SATA-II Hard Drive

Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 500GB SATA-II Hard Drive

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Quote: The Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 500GB SATA-II hard drive raises the bar for those who subscribe to the theory that bigger is better. When it comes to hard drives; more speed, more capacity, and more cache memory is always a good thing. This is the first drive to come across our test bench with SATA300 speed, and it provides the largest capacity (500GB) and most cache memory (16MB) that we have seen to date. Browse around... 500GB and 16MB are currently the best you will find in an internal hard drive, in these respective categories.