Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Windows Firewall Or ZoneAlarm

Windows Firewall Or ZoneAlarm

Christo

i do not have the fortune of owning a router with NAT so i use a software
firewall.

I am currently running ZoneAlarm Pro 5

seems they have finally realized that the dodgey serial I was was using (
and probably loads of others) isnt valid and that i only have 15 days left
(trail)

Is Windows Firewall anywhere near as good as ZoneAlarm Pro 5

or would it be better reverting back to ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 rather than using
the windows firewall, windows firewall seems a little bit too user friendly
for me, you never see it doing anything, unlike zone alarm.

any tips

or is it ok to revert back to ZoneAlarm 4.5?

also if i did get a adsl router with NAT installed would i still need to run
a software firewall or would the router be enough?

Joe

"Christo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i do not have the fortune of owning a router with NAT so i use a software
> firewall.
>
> I am currently running ZoneAlarm Pro 5
>
> seems they have finally realized that the dodgey serial I was was using (
> and probably loads of others) isnt valid and that i only have 15 days left
> (trail)
>
> Is Windows Firewall anywhere near as good as ZoneAlarm Pro 5
>
> or would it be better reverting back to ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 rather than

using
> the windows firewall, windows firewall seems a little bit too user

friendly
> for me, you never see it doing anything, unlike zone alarm.
>
> any tips
>
> or is it ok to revert back to ZoneAlarm 4.5?
>
> also if i did get a adsl router with NAT installed would i still need to

run
> a software firewall or would the router be enough?

ZA, of course!! You want the Mossad, and by extension, the FBI and CIA to
know everything you're doing!!

Christo

> "Christo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> i do not have the fortune of owning a router with NAT so i use a software
>> firewall.
>>
>> I am currently running ZoneAlarm Pro 5
>>
>> seems they have finally realized that the dodgey serial I was was using (
>> and probably loads of others) isnt valid and that i only have 15 days
>> left
>> (trail)
>>
>> Is Windows Firewall anywhere near as good as ZoneAlarm Pro 5
>>
>> or would it be better reverting back to ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 rather than

> using
>> the windows firewall, windows firewall seems a little bit too user

> friendly
>> for me, you never see it doing anything, unlike zone alarm.
>>
>> any tips
>>
>> or is it ok to revert back to ZoneAlarm 4.5?
>>
>> also if i did get a adsl router with NAT installed would i still need to

> run
>> a software firewall or would the router be enough?
>>

> ZA, of course!! You want the Mossad, and by extension, the FBI and CIA to
> know everything you're doing!!

they even spy on english users?

I have ZA 4.5 now thinking of just buying a router with NAT eventually