Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > How to check if temporary (!) cookies are allowed (under Win2K/WinXP) ?

How to check if temporary (!) cookies are allowed (under Win2K/WinXP) ?

Peter Meister

As well known web sites can set cookies provided that the local user allows it in the OS/browser settings.
But how can I distinguish between permanent and temporary cookies (under Win2000/WinXP) ?
I would like to allow temporary cookies but disallow permanent ones.

Peter

Quaoar

"Peter Meister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ckqv56$3sh$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> As well known web sites can set cookies provided that the local user
> allows it in the OS/browser settings.
> But how can I distinguish between permanent and temporary cookies
> (under Win2000/WinXP) ?
> I would like to allow temporary cookies but disallow permanent ones.
>
> Peter

Temp cookies are "session" cookies in IE. Internet Options, Privacy
tab, Advanced button, Accept first-party cookies, Block third-party
cookies, check the box Always allow session cookies.