Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > hardware firewall and opening port

hardware firewall and opening port

someone

I have googled this subject and checked the website of the hdwe mfg -
without success.

I am attempting to access a specific website - their tech support claims the
problem is closed ports on my modem.

How do I open the ports.

Cable DSL - the modem is a motorola surfboard.

Leythos

In article <9IS9d.84$HG3.83@lakeread04>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I have googled this subject and checked the website of the hdwe mfg -
> without success.
>
> I am attempting to access a specific website - their tech support claims the
> problem is closed ports on my modem.
>
> How do I open the ports.
>
> Cable DSL - the modem is a motorola surfboard.

What site - no website should require you to open ports on a router.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)