Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Spybot ripping out too much?

Spybot ripping out too much?

Franklin

I have set Spybot to show its menus in detail ('Advanced Mode').

In Spybot > Tools > System Internals, I see a list of startup
entries. Some I want to remove some I start by highlighting one and
pressing the "delete" button.

Spybot asks if I want to remove the *checked* entries. As it happens
there are also checked entries (the active ones) as well as the ones
I want to remove.

What exactly does Spybot remove if I say YES to "Do you want to
continue?".

Leythos

In article <95716A744203171F3M4@204.153.244.156>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I have set Spybot to show its menus in detail ('Advanced Mode').
>
> In Spybot > Tools > System Internals, I see a list of startup
> entries. Some I want to remove some I start by highlighting one and
> pressing the "delete" button.
>
> Spybot asks if I want to remove the *checked* entries. As it happens
> there are also checked entries (the active ones) as well as the ones
> I want to remove.
>
> What exactly does Spybot remove if I say YES to "Do you want to
> continue?".

It would seem logical that anything that is checked will be removed. At
least when I've used the advanced features it acts on all items checked.

(E-Mail Removed)
(Remove 999 to reply to me)