Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How to change console baud rate permanently?

How to change console baud rate permanently?

Ramon F Herrera

Every time I connect to our Cisco routers through
the console port I have to type:

terminal length 50

and I have to change the baud rate from 9600 to 38400.

Is there any way to make these changes permanent?

TIA,

-Ramon

Adrian

Ramon F Herrera wrote:
> Every time I connect to our Cisco routers through
> the console port I have to type:
>
> terminal length 50
>
> and I have to change the baud rate from 9600 to 38400.
>
> Is there any way to make these changes permanent?

Well... you could always just fix your client terminal program... Or go
into config mode and change the console settings. Save it from the
running_config to startup_config after you made sure things work right
so it will reboot with the same settings every time. (Note, your
changing the console to non-standardish settings, so you are making it
hard on anyone else that comes behind you.)

> en

# conf t
(config)# line con 0
(config-line)# length 50
(config-line)# speed 38400
(config-line)# ^Z

Adrian

BAUD rate problem debayan_p VHDL 0 06-30-2009 12:09 PM
Cisco 851 reset baud rate hack.bac Cisco 1 06-01-2007 03:55 AM
BAUD Rate Setting Of Question Robert11 Computer Support 2 06-26-2006 11:15 PM
Setting PC's Baud Rate For External Communications: How ? Robert11 Computer Support 1 06-25-2006 04:56 PM
Dialup baud rate indication KiwiBrian NZ Computing 11 07-21-2004 09:59 AM

Advertisments