Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > BOOK: Enterprise SOA

BOOK: Enterprise SOA

James McGovern

I am the co-author of the bestselling book: A Practical Guide to
Enterprise Architecture
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/0131412752/) and seek the
assistance of ten individuals to provide feedback on an upcoming book
tentatively entitled: Enterprise SOA

Of special interest are individuals who are knowledgable in:

* Security
* Event Driven Architecture
* Registries
* IT Governance

If interested, drop me a note ( j a m e s at a r c h i t e c t b o o k dot c
o m) and I will send you a copy in PDF format (Requires Acrobat 5.0 or
higher).

NOTE: My spam filter deletes all email from free email services such as
Yahoo, Hotmail, GMail, etc so use your work email to reply.

Cheers

James McGovern
Number Two Blogger on the Internet
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/eai/leadership

johns

Based on my post, I wish one of you guys would write
a jargon-free book on this subject. One that I might
actually read. I'm part of your target audience ... you
know ... a paying customer. And, if you are interested,
I , and a co-worker of the same vintage ( learn by doing ),
are designing a TRULY secure network for more than
a 1000 users, and we don't use servers, or logins, and
we don't sit there all day staring at a screen full of
wordy meaningless lines of text. We actually talk to our
users, and sometimes, we even listen to them. We don't
live in an IT world of our own that is totally self-centered
on just us. We don't create obscure web pages that
no user would ever access. And we don't make empty
promises about what we might be able to do. We do it.
We even design and build secure computer furniture
that helps greatly to limit hacking. That is a chapter you
might include. We don't use words like "Enterprise", much
less attach obscure initials with it. Who the heck knows
what that means? Certainly not the people out here
doing the jobs. Someday, I hope, the last jargon-user will
transfer into Liberal Arts, and this age of helpless users
will end !

johns ( what the heck is Event Driven Archtecture ? )

Ant

"johns" wrote...

> We even design and build secure computer furniture
> that helps greatly to limit hacking.

Is it made of metal?

> ( what the heck is Event Driven Archtecture ? )

Windows.

hawklord

James,

I would be willing to look at what you have. I am a security analyst for a
security company.

Hawk