Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Port 12345

Port 12345

CuriousK

Any one have any thoughts on Netbus DST port 12345.

I have been getting numerous scans on this port. I remember this being
a "old school" hack.

Is there some software, exploit, bot in Microsoft causing this to show
up in my firewall log.

Thanks

CK

Bit Twister

Trend http://www.dshield.org//port_report.php?port=12345

top 10 http://www.dshield.org/

> Is there some software, exploit, bot in Microsoft causing this to show
> up in my firewall log.

Adore sshd, cron / crontab, Whack Job, ValvNet, Pie Bill Gates, NetBus
worm, NetBus Toy, NetBus, Mypic, GabanBus, Fat Bitch trojan, Ashley,
X-bill, Fade, icmp_pipe.c

CuriousK

Thanks for the site. I was there earlier and saw how there is a big spike
on September 20th. Seems to be a lot of reports in about this

But what I am wondering, is there a worm that is causing this
because in the past this port was used to gain control of an operating
system.

Thanks in advance for any reply offered.

CK

Bit Twister wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:26:11 -0400, CuriousK wrote:
> > Any one have any thoughts on Netbus DST port 12345.
> >
> > I have been getting numerous scans on this port.

> Trend http://www.dshield.org//port_report.php?port=12345
>
> top 10 http://www.dshield.org/
>
> > Is there some software, exploit, bot in Microsoft causing this to show
> > up in my firewall log.

> Adore sshd, cron / crontab, Whack Job, ValvNet, Pie Bill Gates, NetBus
> worm, NetBus Toy, NetBus, Mypic, GabanBus, Fat Bitch trojan, Ashley,
> X-bill, Fade, icmp_pipe.c

Moe Trin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, CuriousK wrote:
>Thanks for the site. I was there earlier and saw how there is a big spike
>on September 20th. Seems to be a lot of reports in about this
>
>But what I am wondering, is there a worm that is causing this
>because in the past this port was used to gain control of an operating
>system.

No, it's a secret conspiracy by the NHL Players Association now that
they're not going to be doing much for the next six weeks.

Remember that most virus/worm/trojan writers are really pushing their
skills trying to cut-and-paste exploit code into something that might
work, and their brains go blank when they have to think of a secret
number. Do you _realize_ how hard it was for some klown to think up
the port number '27374'??? Expecting something less difficult to
remember, like 6666 or 1234 or 12345 or even 54321 is more with their
mental capabilities (though 65432 is probably stretching things to far).

Old guy

donnie

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:58:41 -0500, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(Moe Trin) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, CuriousK wrote:
>>Thanks for the site. I was there earlier and saw how there is a big spike
>>on September 20th. Seems to be a lot of reports in about this
>>
>>But what I am wondering, is there a worm that is causing this
>>because in the past this port was used to gain control of an operating
>>system.

>No, it's a secret conspiracy by the NHL Players Association now that
>they're not going to be doing much for the next six weeks.
>
>Remember that most virus/worm/trojan writers are really pushing their
>skills trying to cut-and-paste exploit code into something that might
>work, and their brains go blank when they have to think of a secret
>number. Do you _realize_ how hard it was for some klown to think up
>the port number '27374'??? Expecting something less difficult to
>remember, like 6666 or 1234 or 12345 or even 54321 is more with their
>mental capabilities (though 65432 is probably stretching things to far).
>
> Old guy

###################
I missed the beginning of the thread but port 12345 was BO trojan
(back orafice) if I remember correctly.

Penguin_X

CuriousK wrote:
> Any one have any thoughts on Netbus DST port 12345.
>
> I have been getting numerous scans on this port. I remember this being
> a "old school" hack.
>
> Is there some software, exploit, bot in Microsoft causing this to show
> up in my firewall log.
>
> Thanks
>
> CK

NetBUS ? LoL it's OLDDD

CuriousK

I understand that it's a "old school" hack.

I have been reading numerous reports about the increase activity of the
port. I am wondering is there a worm/exploit using it in some way. I can't
believe that it's being done manually. It just doesn't make sense.

Thanks in advance for any reply regarding this topic.

CK