Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Strange XP Startup Box

Strange XP Startup Box

Chris

I have a computer running XP Home. Recently a dialog box appeared with the
yellow warning symbol and a yes and no box at the windows welcome screen. No
other text was in the box. Weather I clicked yes or no windows would still
boot. Now it has changed to a red cross with the same buttons but won't let
me boot into windows at all (other than safe mode). It just says it's
logging on then logging off and it's back to the same stupid box.
Can anyone help me with this????
Thanks.
Chris.

Frank le Spikkin

"Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:414e941e$0$20127$(E-Mail Removed) u:

> I have a computer running XP Home. Recently a dialog box
> appeared with the yellow warning symbol and a yes and no box at
> the windows welcome screen. No other text was in the box.
> Weather I clicked yes or no windows would still boot. Now it has
> changed to a red cross with the same buttons but won't let me
> boot into windows at all (other than safe mode). It just says
> it's logging on then logging off and it's back to the same
> stupid box. Can anyone help me with this????
> Thanks.
> Chris.

You have just reached the end of the evaluation period without
activating XP. The lack of text in the dialogs is a bug. I never
resolved it because it was no problem for me to reinstall and
activate XP.

Suggest you contact Microsoft to see if they can guide you through
activation from the state you are in. Or re-install