Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Kaspersky AntiVirus

Kaspersky AntiVirus

RadarG

Is it better then Norton corp. Right now I'm using a free copy of Norton
corp that was given to me by my work to use free. Does Kaspersky AV use less
RAM? Or should I just stick with Norton. Thanks RadarG

Gary

Kaspersky is one of the best Antivirus programs you can buy. Has one of the
best detection engines for viruses,Trojans and malware. It has helped me
remove Trojans and malware from computers I worked on for friends that other
AV programs failed to detect that had Trojans on them that phoned home to
install spyware.

Apollo

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kaspersky is one of the best Antivirus programs you can buy. Has one of
> the
> best detection engines for viruses,Trojans and malware. It has helped me
> remove Trojans and malware from computers I worked on for friends that
> other
> AV programs failed to detect that had Trojans on them that phoned home to
> install spyware.

Seconded, you'll be hard pressed to find better (consumer) av software.
Miles ahead of Norton.

--
Apollo

Lee Higdon

RadarG wrote:
> Is it better then Norton corp. Right now I'm using a free copy of Norton
> corp that was given to me by my work to use free. Does Kaspersky AV use less
> RAM? Or should I just stick with Norton. Thanks RadarG

Depends on which version of KAV you're talking about and whether you're
looking at KAV Personal or the Personal Pro version.

KAV is an extremely efficient AV utility. It probably has one of the
best detection rates for zoo-type malware, trojans, backdoors and
dialers, as well as worms and viruses of any product on the market.
Unfortunately, in recent years, the program has had some growing pains
and as features have been added, the performance overhead has increased.
For some users/systems it's no problem, for others it's no walk in the
park. The best advice I can give is to try a demo from Kaspersky's
web-site. Make sure you totally uninstall Norton/Symantec 1st. Delete
any useless registry keys, too.

RadarG

"Lee Higdon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news8J1d.7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> RadarG wrote:
>> Is it better then Norton corp. Right now I'm using a free copy of Norton
>> corp that was given to me by my work to use free. Does Kaspersky AV use
>> less RAM? Or should I just stick with Norton. Thanks RadarG

> Depends on which version of KAV you're talking about and whether you're
> looking at KAV Personal or the Personal Pro version.
>
> KAV is an extremely efficient AV utility. It probably has one of the best
> detection rates for zoo-type malware, trojans, backdoors and dialers, as
> well as worms and viruses of any product on the market. Unfortunately, in
> recent years, the program has had some growing pains and as features have
> been added, the performance overhead has increased.
> For some users/systems it's no problem, for others it's no walk in the
> park. The best advice I can give is to try a demo from Kaspersky's
> web-site. Make sure you totally uninstall Norton/Symantec 1st. Delete any
> useless registry keys, too.

Didnt MS buy them out?

RadarG

Lee Higdon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<x8J1d.7$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> RadarG wrote:
> > Is it better then Norton corp. Right now I'm using a free copy of Norton
> > corp that was given to me by my work to use free. Does Kaspersky AV use less
> > RAM? Or should I just stick with Norton. Thanks RadarG
> >

> Depends on which version of KAV you're talking about and whether you're
> looking at KAV Personal or the Personal Pro version.
>
> KAV is an extremely efficient AV utility. It probably has one of the
> best detection rates for zoo-type malware, trojans, backdoors and
> dialers, as well as worms and viruses of any product on the market.
> Unfortunately, in recent years, the program has had some growing pains
> and as features have been added, the performance overhead has increased.
> For some users/systems it's no problem, for others it's no walk in the
> park. The best advice I can give is to try a demo from Kaspersky's
> web-site. Make sure you totally uninstall Norton/Symantec 1st. Delete
> any useless registry keys, too.

Didnt Kaspersky get bought out buy MS?