Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Remove harmful adware, spyware, trojans, dialers, and worms

Remove harmful adware, spyware, trojans, dialers, and worms

AC Parker

Your PC is probably infected with adware & spyware if:
- You have downloaded music online
- Your PC is running extremely slow
- You are pestered by those horrible popup ads

Don't let people invade your privacy and slow down your PC! Click
http://www.noadware.net/?hop=enbergs5 and try NoAdware for FREE and see for
yourself if your PC is infected!

David Postill

In article <95YWc.1441$(E-Mail Removed)>, on Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:28:53 GMT, "AC Parker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip />

| Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:28:53 GMT
|
| Your PC is probably infected with adware & spyware if:
| - You have downloaded music online
| - Your PC is running extremely slow
| - You are pestered by those horrible popup ads
|
| Don't let people invade your privacy and slow down your PC! Click
| http://www.noadware.net/?hop=enbergs5 and try NoAdware for FREE and see for
| yourself if your PC is infected!

Post copied to (E-Mail Removed).

Newsgroup spammer:

<http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=%22ac_parker%40hotmail.com%22&hl=en&lr=&i e=UTF-8&filter=0>
<http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=%22Remove+harmful+adware,+spyware,+trojan s,+dialers,+and+worms%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&filter=0>

Advertising a "Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products":

<http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#products> and scroll down to noadware.

<davidp />

--
David Postill

Moe Trin

In article <95YWc.1441$(E-Mail Removed)>, AC Parker wrote:
>Your PC is probably infected with adware & spyware if:

you were stupid enough to visit this spammers site.

>- You have downloaded music online

or have downloaded stuff from untrustworthy sites like this spammer.

>- Your PC is running extremely slow

The reason it's running slow is because you are running software
written by incompetents for fools who are impressed by "eye-candy".

>- You are pestered by those horrible popup ads

and are to stupid to read the very specific instructions from microsoft
on how to disable this feature. HINT: It takes more than clicking on
some dumb icon - you've got to click on _menu_ items. Wow, that's
hard to do!!! It also doesn't take ADDING software, but merely disabling
a "feature" that microsoft figured you were dumb enough to want by default.

>Don't let people invade your privacy and slow down your PC! Click

http://steal.my.credit.card.info/?hop=enbergs5 and try NoBrains for FREE
and see for yourself how easy it is to get infected.

-----------------
Windows Messenger Service port 139 pop-up ads:
What you're seeing is the built-in Messenger service in NT/Windows 2000 and
XP for sending quick "pop up" messages across networks which spammers are
exploiting. This is not Microsoft, nor can they can control it anymore then
they can control the spam arriving in your e-mail. It's a "feature" that
Microsoft assumes you wanted, just as sharing your hard drive by default
with the world. If you don't want these messages to come up again, you can
stop this from happening by going to the Control Panel, choose Administrative
Tools (if you're using XP, you may have to click Classic View on the left).
Double-click Services, and Scroll down to "Messenger", select it, right-click
and then choose Properties. Under startup type, choose disabled and then
choose the 'Stop' button. After the service is stopped, click OK.
------- also seen as -----
Disable messenger service.
In Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Services, select Computer
Management->Services. In the right panel, right click on Messenger,
select Properties, disable it in the drop down list, click OK out.
------- also seen as -----
In Win9x, you just rename or delete the RPCSS.EXE file. Which is a
good idea anyway for variety of reasons.
-----------------

Don't ask me - I got rid of windows more than ten years ago.

David

David Postill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> In article <95YWc.1441$(E-Mail Removed)>, on Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:28:53 GMT, "AC Parker"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> <snip />

> | Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:28:53 GMT
> |
> | Your PC is probably infected with adware & spyware if:
> | - You have downloaded music online
> | - Your PC is running extremely slow
> | - You are pestered by those horrible popup ads
> |

> Post copied to (E-Mail Removed).

Please DON'T re-post the link you are complaining about.
Best wishes..
Dave