Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Access to Secure Pages

Access to Secure Pages

GB

I am unable to access secure web pages, ie when looking at bank accounts.
Any ideas as to why? Happens with both Firefox and IE.

GB

Aussie Fred

In <d_3Rc.315$(E-Mail Removed)> GB wrote:

> I am unable to access secure web pages, ie when looking at bank accounts.
> Any ideas as to why? Happens with both Firefox and IE.
>
> GB

You may have the clock on your computer set incorretly

Failing you need to make sure you have outgoing access on TCP port 443
(https). Some Network Admins block all outgoing ports and proxy the ones
that are needed.