Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > "World Cup Soccer" virus?

"World Cup Soccer" virus?

Edw. Peach

Is there anything passing around the internet that is in anyway
connected to a program called "World Cup Soccer"? I searched Google
and saw that was the case, a few years ago.

My Windows Media Player crashed and I got an error message that said
there was no CD in the tray. True. But when I cancelled that,
another message came up. I closed it from the Windows Task Manager
but the Manager came back and said it was closing down a program
called World Cup Soccer. When it was finished, I couldn't turn off
the computer, or reboot it, either.

I know nothing about this program and wonder if it might be something
sinister.

David H. Lipman

Please go to one or more of the below online scanners and perform a scan of your platform
then report back your results.

Trend:
http://housecall.antivirus.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com